Hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Kittyrules

Hello

Postby Kittyrules » 18 Dec 2013 19:49

I am in counseling and I have always felt my dreams were a little odd compared to others, I can fully remember my dreams, I can dream something I have thought about in the day.
So I can say "Oh I might dream about that park" and I do. I also become very aware in dreams I am dreaming but sometimes I feel I get "stuck" in a dream and I can not get out.

I told my counselor today and she talked about some people have the power to be able to control their dreams, I read about Lucid dreaming but I am not sure if this is what I am having?

I suffer nightmares, I am aware it is a dream and I have dreamt it many times but I am still very scared. She said getting some control and learning out how to us this might help me

Oh and I am Kitty by the way, hope it is okay to post here.

chaosdragoon13

Re: Hello

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 18 Dec 2013 20:01

Oh it is definitely ok to post here, welcome to the forum by the way, but it is impressive that you can realize your dreaming often. Don't be scared of dreaming, it may be a nightmare but it is your own mind trying to get your attention. You have to face that nightmare and talk normally with your mind, he will be friendly in the end. Once you know how to stabilize and learn to control your dreams you will be a great lucid dreamer. Again welcome to the forum. :D

Kittyrules

Postby Kittyrules » 18 Dec 2013 21:23

I have been this way with my dreams from childhood I thought it was normal. I had an abusive childhood so my dreams are mainly around that but the same dream, I know it is a dream and what will happen next etc
Thank you for the welcome

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 19 Dec 2013 04:51

Kittyrules wrote:Oh and I am Kitty by the way, hope it is okay to post here.

Of course! Feel free to post to your heart's content and welcome to the forum. :)

Kittyrules wrote: I also become very aware in dreams I am dreaming but sometimes I feel I get "stuck" in a dream and I can not get out.

I told my counselor today and she talked about some people have the power to be able to control their dreams, I read about Lucid dreaming but I am not sure if this is what I am having?

As long as you are aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming then yes, you are lucid dreaming. As far as the getting "stuck" bit, I'm pretty sure there are some members of the forum who have experience with this who can help you out.

Kittyrules wrote:I suffer nightmares, I am aware it is a dream and I have dreamt it many times but I am still very scared. She said getting some control and learning out how to us this might help me

Facing these nightmares is the best thing you can do when they occur. Ask the nightmare figure why it's doing what it is or what it represents, or go down that creepy hallway. Not only can you stop the nightmares, but you can learn a lot about yourself and improve your confidence by knowing you faced that scary situation and won.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”