Another hello from Canada

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
lightSleeper

Another hello from Canada

Postby lightSleeper » 17 Jan 2014 22:05

Hello!!

I'm also from Canada :) I decided to get onto a forum to be held accountable and keep my interest in lucid dreaming. I confess... I've been lazy, subsequently I've lost all traces of my lucid dreams for 6 months now.

Here's my story, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've always had sleep paralysis. It began when I was 18 during IB exams. The stress made my mind way too active and I was physically exhausted. For 4 years I honestly thought I was going mad until my ex revealed to me during the last year of university that I was just going through a totally natural process. Hence, I embraced lucid dreaming. During that time I religiously kept a sleep journal, did dream checks and used a Remee (it worked once...). I was able to be lucid most often during afternoon naps atleast once a week. But after awhile, I lost interest... and after university lost lucidity completely. I hope being active here will re-spark my interest and get my mind prepped for lucidity again. Give me tips, give me a sleep mission.

HAGART

Re: Another hello from Canada

Postby HAGART » 18 Jan 2014 00:08

I've become lazy too, and consequently haven't lucid dreamed in a while. It goes to show that the routines help a lot. I plan to focus on it again too, and will start dream journaling (no matter how small or seemingly insignificant the dream is), Wake Back to Bed in the middle of the night, and go back to sleep with intent, reminding myself that the next thing I see will probably be a dream. That usually works and with that I use to get about 3 a week.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 18 Jan 2014 05:57

I think most of us become at least a little lazy at times after you've been doing it for a while. Reading about other people's experiences on this site helps to motivate me. I found also that re-reading some of my earliest dream journal entries helps a lot, too. It reminds me of when I was first starting out, and that first obsessive passion I had towards learning. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 18 Jan 2014 05:58

Oh and welcome to the forum! Almost forgot that. :lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”