Hi there! My names is Scopio

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Hi there! My names is Scopio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 11 Mar 2014 22:33

Hi there! My name is HeadlessScorpio (Not really, Just a nickname I made right up 8-) ). I'm new to Lucid dreaming, have little experience in it, and often have terrifying nightmares(Even in my normal dreams I have some pretty horrifying stuff.). I love this subconscious stuff ,cause its really interesting and have a terrible fear of any insect :oops:. I live in the US but I'm not willing to give much more real life info because I don't like mixing my digital life with my real life that much.
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

Re: Hi there! My names is Scopio

Postby Vonozar » 13 Mar 2014 20:51

That's fine, you don't have to say anything more. :) Welcome to the forum! Lucid dreaming can definitely help to end those nightmares.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Postby jasmine2 » 14 Mar 2014 00:09

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you have frequent nightmares, but it sounds like you have a curious and adventurous attitude towards dreaming - you say , "I love this unconscious stuff, cause it's really interesting."

I suggest the following good website about dreams, including treatment for nightmares.
- creativedreaming.org - library of articles
Included in the list are 2 informative articles about nightmares.
- "Nightmares and what to do about them" and
- "Guidelines for coping with nightmares after trauma".

This is the website for Patricia Garfield, a wise dream explorer, teacher, and author who has kept journals of her own dreams for many decades.
I recommend her most popular book - "Creative Dreaming"

Also, if you have a scholarly streak, you could check out YouTube video series -
- "The Way Of The Dream - Interviews with Marie-Louise von Franz"
Series of 4 films (about 10 hours total)

Also book - "Jung On Active Imagination" - by C.G. Jung and Joan Chodorow (editor)

- Best Wishes - jasmine2

Postby erichsa » 14 Mar 2014 18:13

jasmine2 wrote:I suggest the following good website about dreams, including treatment for nightmares.
- creativedreaming

I suggest a good website: You are on it :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”