Found this place after searching for answers

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
jholt5638

Found this place after searching for answers

Postby jholt5638 » 21 Apr 2014 05:24

I am a 33 year male I have had lucid dreams for most of my life it just happens I don't do anything to cause them.

I found this place while trying to find answers to a lucid dream I had last night.
I am a semi-regular lucid dreamer and I normally have full dream control.
However last night was different, I was fully lucid but something seemed to be fighting my control of the dream. Such as I would change the location of where I was but something would change it back or I would attempt to control a dream character and would be forced out. It was extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had experience?

JonSnowLD

Re: Found this place after searching for answers

Postby JonSnowLD » 26 Apr 2014 12:03

Hey welcome to the forum-you're soo lucky to be a natural lucid dreamer!!

I can't say I've had an experience like that, but i'm still trying to learn to control my dreams from a beginners level so if anything happens at all that I wanted then im happy ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

TillyPink

Re: Found this place after searching for answers

Postby TillyPink » 30 Apr 2014 22:59

Welcome!

Are you curious to explore the dreamscape you have been given? Perhaps there was something you needed to process there. Why did you so want to change your dream?

Personally i don't really (or can't even if i wanted too) change the whole dream scene...i guess for me it's a balance between going with the flow of the dream and making subtle changes as i go along by using the dream scape that i have. I am always curious as to why i land or enter into where i do. If i want to find someone, or have a mission or intention of some kind, i use what i have to work with. Often things change spontaneously, or i'll use a doorway. I had a WILD once where i wanted to go else where because where i was, as bright and colourful as it was, it was abstract and void of dream characters. I found a door and tried to go through but every door i opened another door would present itself and so on. In the end i flew upwards (gave up) and then i entered an attic space...and low and behold I had the most beautiful experience and met one of my favourite DC's ever!

So maybe try and embrace this 'lack of control' as a new opportunity to try something different.

Maybe post in the 'Share you Lucid Dreams' section and give some more details there and you may find some more answers.

Tilly

Return to “Introduce Yourself”