New to the Forums

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

New to the Forums

Postby Wisconsinite89 » 03 May 2014 01:04

Hey everyone,

After almost two years of frequenting this site I figured I'd finally join the forums and introduce myself. I'm a 24 year-old male college student from Wisconsin currently studying English to become a sci-fi author (lucid dreaming would make a great theme for my first novel). I'm also a regular gamer and love sci-fi RPGs, like Mass Effect and Fallout.

Before I discovered lucid dreaming, I already had a couple on accident, once when I was nine and another when I was eighteen. In both of them, I desperately tried to wake myself up because becoming conscious in a dream is somewhat disturbing when you're not trying to. I believe the second one was actually induced by watching a Star Trek: Voyager episode about lucid dreaming, called "Waking Moments," not too long beforehand.

I came across the concept again when I, of course, saw Inception for the first time in April of 2011. I said while watching, "I'm going to train myself to do all of this." My twin sister remarked, "Do you have any idea how much mental discipline that requires?" Exactly three months later, I randomly found a book lying on the basement floor by the bookshelves, called "Lucid Dreams in 30 Days: The Creative Sleep Program."

As it turned out, it actually was possible and was actually easier than I expected. I had no idea all the things you could do (everything and anything) in a lucid dream. I paged through the book and decided I had to try it. The book was from 1989 and wasn't up-to-date with the research, but it was enough to get me started. After two and a half weeks of reality checks and dream journaling, I had my first lucid dream in early August. I'll never forget what it felt like to fly for the first time over an altered version of my hometown.

What I find most intriguing about lucid dreaming is the fact that it's an infinite creative outlet and a world without borders or boundaries. I always like asking my dream consciousness for things, like "Show me something hilarious!" I'm always surprised by what it comes up with.

See you all in the forums!

Re: New to the Forums

Postby JonSnowLD » 04 May 2014 22:12

Heyyy, welcome to the forum-I would definitely read a novel on lucid dreaming! inception is one of the things which got me into lucid dreams as well ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”