Hi

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Karin

Hi

Postby Karin » 13 May 2014 23:16

Hi,

I am in my 40's and have been very interested in the topic of consciousness in the past two years, and in the past couple months I had three instances of lucid dreaming.

The last two were WILDs after waking up at 3:00am and then meditating in bed. After a while I heard the buzzing sounds, felt body vibrations and movement, then boom, I was in a dream fully lucid. I seem to be progressing very fast, yet I don't know much about this topic so am hoping to learn from others more advanced.

One of my concerns is that the WILD I had two nights ago left me exhausted and on edge all day yesterday. I have no idea why, because I am extremely excited about lucid dreaming and overjoyed that I was able to achieve this. Maybe it's because that last WILD lasted a long time and I explored several dreamscapes and tried all kinds of things. I honestly can't get enough of this. Should I take it more slowly? Does the exhaustion get better with time?

I am looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing experiences.

Karin

Karin

Re: Hi

Postby Karin » 13 May 2014 23:22

I am sorry I forgot to say that I am from Florida.

Karin

Ado

Postby Ado » 14 May 2014 00:06

Karin,

I was also excited like you at the very beginning, when I discovered the world of LD. I had those experiences before, but I did not know that I could achieve the full control of my dreams, unitl a friend of mine told me this term "lucid dreaming". I started then to investigate the issue in the internet and I was so excited about it that I could not sleep one night, just thinking about it. I spent something like two weeks investigating and searching for answers on the internet. This is so fantastic, it is like exploring a new world, a new dimension, so that's the reason for the excitement. But I noticed that all of my LD came when I less expected it. When I realized that, I started to be a little more calm. My advice for you is to try to calm down and relax, the fact that you think and read about lucid dream all the time will raise your awareness during the dreams.
Fell free to contact me if you want to share more experiences.

Karin

Postby Karin » 14 May 2014 14:30

Thanks a lot Ado! :)

I do feel like a fish who finally found a way to jump out of its bowl and go for a swim in the ocean! So much to discover there! :)

I am glad I found this forum, it's nice to meet people with similar interests!

Karin

Ado

Postby Ado » 15 May 2014 20:12

Karin,
It is a pleasure to help, I just wanted you to know that I finally managed to have some lucid dreams lately(two nights in a row!), but I could not stay there for a long time, I could hold it for 5 minutes and then I woke up, I think that excitement is the issue here. Anyway, there are some techniques to remain dreaming, I will try next time and let you know.

Karin

Postby Karin » 16 May 2014 00:04

Ado,

My last LD was very long, and one thing I did is keep asking my unconscious to show me stuff. 'Show me something else!' is what I kept saying to myself to keep the action going. (By unconscious, I mean the larger part of me that I am not conscious of.)

I have no idea if that's what made that LD so long and varied, or if it played no role. Just an idea. I am a very beginner.

For now I am taking a break. That last LD did rattle my marbles a bit too much, maybe I overdid it... :?

Anyways, I wish you good luck and happy exploring! :)

Karin

Ado

Postby Ado » 16 May 2014 01:09

I will definitely try this next time, thanks!!
I will let you kow if it worked. If you have any more ideas, please share!!

Ado

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 May 2014 04:06

Lucid dreaming has shocked me and left my brain rattled at times too. It opened my mind to what 'reality' truly means. But you get use to it and accept that everything we thought we knew may all be an illusion! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 16 May 2014 12:17

Thanks Hagart!

You're right, that might be the issue...

The strange thing is I thought I knew this in my heart: I just know in my heart that the waking reality is an illusion too (though a sacred one), and I am just consciousness having a physical experience. So why would I be rattled? Maybe there always is a part of our physical personality which is in charge of our body survival and has to make sure we stay focused in physical reality, that views this stuff as a potential threat to our physical survival and sanity... Maybe that's why I felt at the edge of panic the day after that last LD...

In any case, I am just taking a little break and plan to resume as soon as possible, now that I got the hang of inducing a WILD! 8-)

Karin

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 May 2014 13:55

I'm glad you got the hang of WILDing. Keep practising! And do take breaks. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”