New here, but not to LD

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DreamWalker

Re: New here, but not to LD

Postby DreamWalker » 29 May 2014 19:04

I'll try to stay calm in future LDs, but in my last one it was as if I didn't have enough time to get too excited, I was just thinking, "I should stabilize the dream.. quick.. before I wake up" but I was in the middle of a hall way talking to my friend. I only had time to get 1 exchange of words and he didn't even have time to respond.

So how do I quickly stabilize a dream once I realize I'm in it? Cause idk I haven't had much time to just touch things around me.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 May 2014 19:43

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 29 May 2014 20:01

Ohh I see.. I will try this approach.
Thank you (:
Hope I see some results soon

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 01:16

DreamWalker wrote:Wow, very interesting, so sleep peralysis us completely necessary for entering a WILD? Necessary for being aware of the dream from the beginning?

No its not, I do WILD and Ive hardly ever experienced sleep paralysis, I cant even remember the last time I experienced it. But obviously this is how the threads original poster does her WILDs.

And you mean to lie there for hours until entering sleep peralysis, but without falling asleep? Is that something we can really control?

It is possible that someone can lay all night still and yet still not enter a sleep paralysis state. Im a yogi (so I guess what I say can also answer the original posters monk comment in following to yours post) and as part of my practices, Ive meditated for long periods. Due to this I know as i have done so, I can lay completely still for 8-9 hrs in an altered state (meditation trance) and not experience sleep paralyses at all, not experience anything strange at all (no hypogogic images nothing) and not fall asleep at all and still be laying in exactly the same manner when it becames daylight the next day.

Laying still doesnt necessarily mean someone will enter into a dream state or does it mean the person will necessarily experience HI or paralyses but yeah of cause some people do, while others will just continue laying until they fall asleep. No one techinque works for all.

Cause I've always had a trouble falling asleep, but after an hour or two of lying there I end up falling asleep, unless it's like an afternoon nap or something. .-. Should this mean I should try it in the later afternoon hours after a cup of coffee or two?

Coffee I do not think would be the answer. You need to be able to like fall asleep to start dreaming. You need to be relaxed both in body and mind for a LD. If you have layed there for an hour or two and nothing has happened, I'd personally suggest you need to change your LD technique as there is probably a far better way for you to be doing it then just laying there. You need to look at what is your issue and what can be done to alter the problem you have. (WILD isnt necessarily a case of just laying there to enter one).

I've only been able to lucid dream twice, mainly using the MILD technique, one of them I even forgot I realized I was dreaming and lost lucidity .-. Should I wait to become more experienced before trying to WILD? So i don't forget and lose lucidity? Or is that not a problem with this WILD technique since I'll be lucid from the beginning of the dream.

I cant talk for others as I dont know how it is for them but for myself it is far harder to loose lucidity in the way of going too deep into a dream if Im LD due to a WILD. Due to being lucid from the beginning.. means Im not as deep. Whereas if I had a spontanous LD, Im often much deeper in a dream and can carry a risk of loosing lucidity due to letting myself go too deep into the dream. Due to this I'd think that WILD may be an advantage to those who loose lucidity and go too deep when dreaming as they may be less likely to do that.

(I know your questions were directed to me but I wanted to make sure you had more then one persons experience on the answers to these as you are likely to get a range of answers based on peoples individual experiences).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 01:34

DreamWalker wrote:I'll try to stay calm in future LDs, but in my last one it was as if I didn't have enough time to get too excited, I was just thinking, "I should stabilize the dream.. quick.. before I wake up" but I was in the middle of a hall way talking to my friend. I only had time to get 1 exchange of words and he didn't even have time to respond.

So how do I quickly stabilize a dream once I realize I'm in it? Cause idk I haven't had much time to just touch things around me.

The act of thinking about possibly waking up unfortunately can cause a person to wake up. Your response "quick, I need to stabilize" is bound to cause a bit of an adrenaline rush even if a little. What I suggest is to try not to focus on this and instead to stabilise.. without really thinking much about possibly loosing to dream, get in the habit of when becoming aware you are dreaming, put your focus strongly onto you dream. eg You could try looking at your hands.. study them.. rub them together to see how they feel. You could make this stabilise technique your always first dream goal if it works for you.

Now IF (this may or may not be an issue in your case) one is too light in a lucid dream (you may possibly be only spontanously becoming lucid when only in very light dream state and hence your issue with staying in them! it becomes extremely important in such cases to deeper ones dream state), some people will find they cant move without loosing the dream. In this case its a case of once again putting focus on your dream but other stabilization techniques may be needed then other then the moving yourself ones.

eg As you had a friend in your dream, you could of used him to help stabiliize you eg ask him to give you a chinese burn or do something to you so you can focus on his touch (punch you in the arm? Im not sure if that would be a good one or not.. whether it would hold one there or shock one out). One can get the DC to do the moving if one is too light in the dream to move oneself to stabilise.

I suggest before your next LD, think of various ways you could stabilise in certain situations.. so you have various ideas before you next dream but using the DCs in ones dreams I find a good way (if they are there, dont count on DCs always being there).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Introduce Yourself”