New to lucid dreaming

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Blue-Starbie

New to lucid dreaming

Postby Blue-Starbie » 02 Jun 2014 09:17

Hello everyone. I've decided to lucid dream on 05/05/14 and I haven't lucid dreamed yet but I hope to get some pointers and advice.
I want to lucid dream because I don't like my non-lucid dreams as they dull, boring, weird and on rare occasions, scary.

I want to dream about doing things I've always wanted to such as skateboarding, meeting my characters or my favourite celebrities, go to cool locations, meet up with myself and ask me questions and to conquer a fear of mine.

I've been keeping a dream journal and it's almost always next to my bed (it's also a doodle book). And I've logged almost all of my dreams. I've done that much so far.

Finally, I need some advice for reality checks because I keep on forgetting to do them, I think it's because I'm so forgetful, like, really forgetful. Anyone got any suggestions?
We spend a third of our lives sleeping. Some say that we're wasting our time sleeping but I disagree.
Steve Smith- Watch out for the red ball!

chaosdragoon13

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 02 Jun 2014 10:32

I know what you're going through, reality checks don't seem necessary because you feel that you can tell reality from dreams. But if you do them from time to time, you will automatically do it in the dream and you will know if you are dreaming or not. Also you have to remember your dreams, remembering your dreams is essential for lucid dreaming but seeing you as a beginner I will recommend this video to you from the site.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

There are two videos, the first one you can watch anytime and as much as you want, but as for the second one, watch just before you go to bed, also watch it for a week or so just until you have your first lucid dream(that's how I got my first lucid dream). Ok good luck, sweet dreams and welcome to the forum. :D

Blue-Starbie

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby Blue-Starbie » 02 Jun 2014 17:26

chaosdragoon13 wrote:I know what you're going through, reality checks don't seem necessary because you feel that you can tell reality from dreams. But if you do them from time to time, you will automatically do it in the dream and you will know if you are dreaming or not. Also you have to remember your dreams, remembering your dreams is essential for lucid dreaming but seeing you as a beginner I will recommend this video to you from the site.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

There are two videos, the first one you can watch anytime and as much as you want, but as for the second one, watch just before you go to bed, also watch it for a week or so just until you have your first lucid dream(that's how I got my first lucid dream). Ok good luck, sweet dreams and welcome to the forum. :D

Thank you for that. I'll give it a go tonight and keep going until I become lucid. :D
We spend a third of our lives sleeping. Some say that we're wasting our time sleeping but I disagree.
Steve Smith- Watch out for the red ball!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”