Hello all.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Hello all.

Postby MarkHenry » 14 Aug 2014 21:43

I have been interested in sleep & dreams for over 40 years, here is my journey with lots still to do.

In my early teens I found I could quickly go to sleep by treating any thoughts as 'physical' items coming through a black wall of a box (I was sat on a chair in the middle of the box) - after a few months of pushing the thoughts back I found I could shut my eyes and not think.

For a number of years I just imagined black and went to sleep very quickly ( a minute or two)
At some point I began to try and 'feel' the journey to falling asleep and began experiencing vivid scenes & people which I could interact with and control.

I bought a few books and began the LD journey. Bought a Novadreamer and had mostly fun - a few bad experiences. Flying was a common occurrence. Sometime in my early 30's I went back to trying to use the actual point of falling asleep to step into an LD...was successful many times but once I was 'somewhere' often the realization sent me straight back within a short time.

Spent my early 40's with teenage daughters so just went to sleep....but did manage to explore the 'Void' as described by Ryan Hurd whenever I woke up in the night....my shapes were mostly in form of a matrix - the 'nodes' led to a scene - the tubes connected 'time zones' I would be within the scene's but for some reason couldnt interact.

Late 40's and I'm back to 'black' - I am walking down a black corridor which has 'portholes' - sometimes a porthole is lit up and I manage to stay calm enough to experience what seems like a few minutes interaction.

Now in my late 50's I'm trying to hold myself in that point just before sleep - for me my mind is black when falling towards sleep and the barrier into sleep is a 'whiteout' Trying to hold myself in that moment and control the transition into LD instead of just stepping out as I did in my 30's.

Anyway I hope this is not too long.

Re: Hello all.

Postby nawick » 20 Aug 2014 17:50

Hello Mark.

I know the black. That's what I see when I close my eyes. I can not visualize except for when I dream.

That in-between point is pretty cool. I like to go there just after waking up, but not wanting to get up. You drop in-between and stay there for what feels like hours but its just 10 to 15 minutes. Then I REALLY don't want to get up.

Welcome Aboard.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”