Hi from SKC

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
skc

Hi from SKC

Postby skc » 02 Sep 2014 17:21

In my 64yrs and have had a variety of spiritual experiences and have had an ongoing interest in spirituality. I have been a practicing Buddhist for about 10 years, which has given me a good foundation from which to explore the basics of religion, new age, mysticism etc.

I have a strong feeling that the subconscious mind is a doorway to a greater reality, which can be accessed via various methods such as meditation, hypnosis, synchronicity, dreams and of course lucid dreaming. I have recorded the most vivid, spiritual dreams on death etc and am now keen to approach this vast realm from the lucid perspective.

I am slowly making progress in lucid dreaming, having had 3 so far in the last few weeks. The first 2, I immediately got kicked out of, whilst the 3rd, although only lasting about 30 seconds, (I got woken up): was awesome and vivid. I have been mainly concentrating on the techniques explained in Charlie Morley's book, "Dreams of Awakening" (Based on Tibetan Dream Yoga), but hope this site and other areas of information will help in all this. I am currently going over some video on the subject with my weekly Buddhist group.

I am building a website which covers spirituality & self help and (if Rebecca allows ;), hope to put up the link once it has more content.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you!

JonSnowLD

Re: Hi from SKC

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Sep 2014 21:22

Hey, welcome to the forum :)
I haven't read the book you mentioned, but i'd like to discover more about Tibetan dream yoga so I might look into it ;) exploring the world of lucid dreaming by Stephen la berge is worth a look at as well!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”