Soon to be a lucid dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
xXBrave_1Xx

Soon to be a lucid dreamer

Postby xXBrave_1Xx » 12 Sep 2014 19:21

Hello everyone,
I've been on and off again from this forum for about 3 years now. I found out about lucid dreaming back in junior year of high school and got really into it for about a month. I had mild success and had two lucid dreams that month which lasted only a few seconds. I believe i got disheartened or frustrated and eventually stopped trying. :cry:
Now a couple years later I've grown interest and a new fire in my heart to be consistent and stick with it! I've been reading a lot of the forum lately and I'm glad to be a part of the community now. :)

xXBrave_1Xx

Goldkoron

Re: Soon to be a lucid dreamer

Postby Goldkoron » 12 Sep 2014 20:33

Welcome, I am sure you will fit right in.
Do a reality check

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 12 Sep 2014 22:40

Hey there,

First, you should identify your dream signs:

Stephen LaBerge lists four types of dream signs:

Context, inner awareness, Action, and Form

Inner awareness: odd thoughts, feelings, perceptions or sensations

Action: a character, yourself or am object does something unusual.

Form: a character, yourself, an object or the setting is oddly formed

Context: the time, situation, roles of characters, or placement of characters and objects is bizarre.

There is a lot of intriguing research taking place on lucid dreaming, and hopefully you can participate.

xXBrave_1Xx

Postby xXBrave_1Xx » 13 Sep 2014 04:26

Yes, I am working on building my dream journal now. Hopefully I will notice reoccurring patterns or signs. I'm really hopeful this time around!
-xXBrave_1Xx

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 06:46

Here is a technique you must remember to use when you first become lucid:

The Dream Chaining Technique can multiply your lucid dreaming frequency by a factor of five of more. Here are the steps to the Dream Chaining Technique:

Step 1- When you notice your dream fading, dream spin (spin around like a child) and vividly concentrate on the sensation of spinning.
Step 2- Once the dream has ended, remain completely still with your eyes closed (to contrast the motion of spinning). You will have a second chance to enter a lucid dream.
Step 3- Either, a dream will automatically form in front of you, or you must initiate it. You can visualize the dream into existence (MSDT), or alternatively concentrate on leaving your body.
How does the Dream Chaining Technique work? I believe the contrast in motion between spinning, and remaining completely still, tricks your brain into staying in the dream state.

xXBrave_1Xx

Postby xXBrave_1Xx » 13 Sep 2014 23:38

I did dream chaining as I was waking up this morning, however I failed to become lucid. Had maybe 5 interesting dreams all under 5 min with one that felt like 20minutes. Still pretty hopeful though because that's more dreams than I can recall on any other given night.
-xXBrave_1Xx

Return to “Introduce Yourself”