Natural Lucid Dreamer from Australia

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Natural Lucid Dreamer from Australia

Postby KittyDreamer » 15 Sep 2014 04:28

Hi Everyone

I am very excited to discover this website and this forum. I have been a lucid dreamer my entire life and thought that these vivid dreams were normal and that everyone remembered and had the kind of dreams that I have. But it turns out not everyone does. I always thought it was just an over active imagination and i didn't know it was actually "lucid dreaming" until last year (age26) when I was telling a friend about my dream and she said she studied Lucid dreaming in a uni philosophy class. She told me how many people study and try really hard to develop and master the ability to lucid dream and here I was doing it all the time without even trying.

I have experienced false awakenings and sleep paralysis and was relieved when I discovered other people who have had this happen to them and that it had a name as it has happened multiple times to me! I have finally learned not to fear it but embrace it when it happens.

I am able to revisit places in my dreams, revisit scenes after hitting snooze on the alarm. I have died in my dream and then gone back into an earlier scene to attempt to change the outcome.

The reason I have started doing more research into it is last night I had a lucid dream and all the meanings behind it pointed to me regressing into my subconscious. I was in a 6 day walk in an underground tunnel with one other person and I believe the character with me was actually my subconscious but we didn't really communicate much. I want to learn how to communicate with my subconscious through my dreams. I also want to meet more natural lucid dreamers and hear about others experiences.

Kitty Dreamer!

Re: Natural Lucid Dreamer from Australia

Postby HAGART » 16 Sep 2014 00:27

Hello, and welcome.

KittyDreamer wrote:I believe the character with me was actually my subconscious but we didn't really communicate much.
Have you heard of the Animus and Anima? Look those up and you might find it interesting....
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby Peter » 16 Sep 2014 20:53

and welcome from me as well. Enjoy the board, there is a lot of experience here and I hope you find it welcoming and interesting
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Sep 2014 02:57

Welcome to the forum.

I also, have much interest in using my ordinary and lucid dreams as a way to better understand my unconscious mind.

Books I have found helpful are -
- "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" by C. G. Jung, "Jung On Active Imagination" by C.G. Jung and Joan Chodorow (editor), "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield, "Conscious Dreaming" by Robert Moss (who is from Australia, and he has an enjoyable and informative blog -, "The Adventure Of Self Discovery" by Stanislav Grof, "The Unfolding Self" by Ralph Metzner, the very popular "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner, also, any books on mythology by Joseph Campbell, such as "The Power Of Myth", "Fight Of The Wild Gander", or "Thou Art That".

Return to “Introduce Yourself”