Average dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Louis-Pierre

Average dreamer

Postby Louis-Pierre » 17 Sep 2014 22:42

Dear friends,

I am a french Canadian new on this forum. I am 34 years old. I believe to have not much knowledge about dreams, but I feel interested about dreams in general. I have had only a few lucid dreams in my life. For many years, I have been practicing meditation and studying buddhism under the guidance of a tibetan lama. I should say that spirituality in general and buddhism in particular are my main interests in life. Lately, I began to learn more about dreams with a friend who has been searching about dreams. She has been involved with the IASD. Now, I just began reading Robert Waggoner's book: Lucid Dreaming, gateway to the inner self.

I can recall my first lucid dream as when I was probably 4 or 5 years old. Before becoming lucid into this dream, I was dreaming very often about the same thing without being lucid. It is very simple actually:

I am in row with other people and there is a huge, horrible and scary monster eating people one after the other. (usually when I was doing that dream, I would wake up when it's my turn to be eaten, totally horrified). Once, I think (something like that) while in the dream: "well, I've seen this monster before and it was always in that same dream, so it means I'm in this same dream again. I know that if I want to wake up, I must be eaten by the monster and since this is a dream, this monster is not scary anymore and there is no danger". (So, by realising and accepting to let myself be eaten by the monster, I woke up and never dreamed about it anymore).

a couple times in my life, I had a few lucid dreams in which I would fly, but it's about that...

If you have any feedback, feel free to write.

Thank you, good dreams.

jasmine2

Re: Average dreamer

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Sep 2014 23:21

Louie-Pierre, welcome to the forum. I, also, am interested in Tibetan Buddhist Dzogchen meditation and lucid dreaming practices.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”