First lucid dream. Possibly a WILD?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
pennysuede

First lucid dream. Possibly a WILD?

Postby pennysuede » 22 Sep 2014 19:13

So, I have been trying for the past month to have a lucid dream doing reality checks, and trying to do a dream journal. (not as easy for me). I have been doing this because as a teenager I had a full on out of body experience, had never heard of one, and even though it was quite scary for me, I felt happy to own that experience. The spinning that preceeded the OBE is what has prevented me from doing that. Since then I am no stranger to body paralysis and floaty feelings. I actually just learned what a real Lucid dream is a few months ago, and this sounds more like me. So yesterday morning I woke up around 6 am. I was supposed to be up by 7, so I decided to lay there/return to sleep. I decided to relax my body and see what happened as I usually do on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I got very floaty feeling. Of course I was seeing black at first, but the more floaty I felt I started "seeing" geometrical shapes, in white, with numbers floating around it. Didnt really seem to give it much attention, and then I started hearing music. Not like country or rock, more like bells or something like that. I started "Seeing" light and I couldnt figure out if I was really opening my eyes, although I was sure I wasnt. By this time I was very floaty and I decided I was goign to try to to just roll with it. I felt like I had floated up by my ceiling (again, I could see, but not my real eyes). I pryed my hands through the ceiling and was in my attic. It wasnt really my attic, but this one had a window with a blue tarp for a curtain. I thought, I did it. I am obviously in a dream, cause this isnt real, but I am also awake. I went to the window and thought I want to fly. I jumped out and didnt succeed. I floated to the bottom. I then realize I landed on grass (I dont have grass, I live in arizona). I remembered I heard someone elses story say he could feel grass and the trees etc, so I decided to feel the grass. It was wet. I could feel it. I moved over to the trees and ran my hand down the trunk. I could feel the hard grooves that made up the tree. I was like OK for sure this is a lucid dream. I climed up my brick wall fence and thought where do I want to go. I could hear two kids behind me, but decided not to look or pay attention to them. I guess they went away. I wanted to try eating, so I thought I would try to fly to my favorite restaurant. I again jumped and failed. I went back through the house and did it all over again. I then decided I was super happy and wanted to tell my partner about it, so I just sorta opened my eyes. (again no transition). What was this? Any feedback would be much appreciated. I am so excited- I feel like I have started my path :)

nesgirl

Re: First lucid dream. Possibly a WILD?

Postby nesgirl » 22 Sep 2014 19:35

Hi

That was in fact a WILD you had. And the type of entry you pulled off is in fact common WILD entry you pulled off known as a type of dream body control.
As for attempting to control your Lucid Dream, sometimes you have to practice a few times before you can take full control of a Lucid Dream.

By the way, would you care to share your experience as a teenager? I personally believe it might have been just a form of dream, WILD, or possibly even a Probability Dream.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 22 Sep 2014 19:46

Thank you very much for your reply. The OBE as a teenager was indeed a very different experience. I was religious and had no clue any of these type of things were even possible. I had just layed down to go to sleep. I had a clock in my room that ticked and I started concentrating on the tick (not sure why). I began to feel spinning vibrations and it made me feel a bit anxious, but I felt like something was going to happen, wasn't sure what but I KNEW the spinning was leading to something. It began to grow faster and faster but I just let it happen. I felt excited and a bit nervous at the same time. The next thing I knew, I was out of my body. I was able to see in four dimensions- I was level with the door frame. I wasn't scared until I tried to move, or talk and I wasn't able to. I could feel myself try to but again I just wasn't able to. I tried doing anything physical like move and eventually it did pull me back in to my body. After that experience it seemed like every time I closed my eyes, the vibrations were back and strong. It scared me to try again after that for years.

a few weeks later after this experience, I was laying on the couch after school and just had closed my eyes, and I felt like I was being pushed downward out of my body. I could "see" an entrance to the couch above me. That was the very last experience I had until now.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Sep 2014 21:23

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 22 Sep 2014 22:47

This forum is great! Thank you for your thoughts and knowledge. I am really excited to be opening this door :)

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 24 Sep 2014 20:41

Actually- I did have one other pretty interesting thing happen. I think I went from a lucid dream right in to an OBE. Any feedback on this one is welcome because of the nature of the events that happened kinda tripped me out. So, I went to bed one night and I had been practicing OBEs, but knew an obstacle I still had is fear of things you see during the hypnagogia state, or sleep paralysis so I was kinda trying, and kinda not. So as I was laying there, I felt floaty and slipped in to a dream where it was all dark. A little girl was there asking me if I could help her have lucid experiences, and I told her that I could not until I faced my fears. Just then a dark shadow came rushing down toward me, and I decided it was a good time to face my fear so even though I was scared I stood there and didnt run. This went on for a good bit, and then I found myself in a restaurant with an older man sitting at a booth, just the two of us who seemed to "know" I was there, but I knew that I had to let him know I was there by another form other than sight and hearing. I started focusing on looking at him through my third eye at his third eye. I could feel my third eye tingling and I somehow was able to put pressure on it. He kept saying "Nope, not yet" and I was growing angry and his third eye area was growing large and red, and I was getting uncontrollably angry. He finally said "I can tell your there but its coming across as your scaring me". At this point I transitioned to being awake and I was experiencing the rapid spinning feelings like I had when I was a teenager and I knew I was about to project, I stopped myself because of what had just happened. This happened a few months ago. The part where I was angry and I couldn't seem to control it made me wonder 1. who this guy was? 2. How could I let myself get so angry? (Normally I am a pretty easy going person).

Anyway, I wanted to also write this one because it seems like a great place to write down all my experiences, even though its just a few newby ones. :)

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 24 Sep 2014 22:10

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 22:52

Stupid question.... What is a WILD or what does it stand for? :?:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 24 Sep 2014 23:07

buildit wrote:Stupid question.... What is a WILD or what does it stand for? :?:

Hi Builidit - It stands for Wake Initiated Lucid Dream. There are different approaches to initiate a lucid dream. This one you skip the transition from awake to asleep.

Nesgirl- Your last reply I really got a lot out of, thank you! I will check out that Youtube video tonight. Your LD is similar in a lot of ways, did it seem weird that they called you by your real name? Does that happen often because I have read other posts saying that they get called random names. If I can ask, how long have you been able to do this, you seem really advanced?

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 23:14

pennysuede wrote:
buildit wrote:Stupid question.... What is a WILD or what does it stand for? :?:

Hi Builidit - It stands for Wake Initiated Lucid Dream. There are different approaches to initiate a lucid dream. This one you skip the transition from awake to asleep.

Thanks, interesting. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”