First lucid dream. Possibly a WILD?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
nesgirl

Re: First lucid dream. Possibly a WILD?

Postby nesgirl » 25 Sep 2014 00:16

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 05:31

pennysuede wrote:So, I have been trying for the past month to have a lucid dream doing reality checks, and trying to do a dream journal. (not as easy for me). I have been doing this because as a teenager I had a full on out of body experience, had never heard of one, and even though it was quite scary for me, I felt happy to own that experience. The spinning that preceeded the OBE is what has prevented me from doing that. Since then I am no stranger to body paralysis and floaty feelings. I actually just learned what a real Lucid dream is a few months ago, and this sounds more like me. So yesterday morning I woke up around 6 am. I was supposed to be up by 7, so I decided to lay there/return to sleep. I decided to relax my body and see what happened as I usually do on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I got very floaty feeling. Of course I was seeing black at first, but the more floaty I felt I started "seeing" geometrical shapes, in white, with numbers floating around it. Didnt really seem to give it much attention, and then I started hearing music. Not like country or rock, more like bells or something like that. I started "Seeing" light and I couldnt figure out if I was really opening my eyes, although I was sure I wasnt. By this time I was very floaty and I decided I was goign to try to to just roll with it. I felt like I had floated up by my ceiling (again, I could see, but not my real eyes). I pryed my hands through the ceiling and was in my attic. It wasnt really my attic, but this one had a window with a blue tarp for a curtain. I thought, I did it. I am obviously in a dream, cause this isnt real, but I am also awake. I went to the window and thought I want to fly. I jumped out and didnt succeed. I floated to the bottom. I then realize I landed on grass (I dont have grass, I live in arizona). I remembered I heard someone elses story say he could feel grass and the trees etc, so I decided to feel the grass. It was wet. I could feel it. I moved over to the trees and ran my hand down the trunk. I could feel the hard grooves that made up the tree. I was like OK for sure this is a lucid dream. I climed up my brick wall fence and thought where do I want to go. I could hear two kids behind me, but decided not to look or pay attention to them. I guess they went away. I wanted to try eating, so I thought I would try to fly to my favorite restaurant. I again jumped and failed. I went back through the house and did it all over again. I then decided I was super happy and wanted to tell my partner about it, so I just sorta opened my eyes. (again no transition). What was this? Any feedback would be much appreciated. I am so excited- I feel like I have started my path :)

Okay so I have also experienced these vibrations and I too am scared of the hypnogigic hallucinations however I have never experienced any because I always move to wake myself up. I have become permanently scared and afraid of the vibrations. They happen occasionally but for a while I was questioning weather or not I was sane because it was just weird no one ever talks about lucid dreaming where I'm from obviously after reading on this forum a bit I found it normal especially for wild induction. I'm asking how I can get over the vibrations because about a year ago they were very very strong and that's what scares me. That and seeing shadowy figures which is so dumb cus the reason we are scared of stuff like that is because horror movies but I guess I want to get passed this so I can master induction teqniques and lucid dreaming eventually.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 25 Sep 2014 21:52

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 26 Sep 2014 18:08

Agreed! I think this is the most common fear is what you will see or experience during the transition. I have listened over and over again peoples experiences with this and they all say that what you see, you create- so I have to agree with the advice of not watching horror movies. I am still scared, but now I really feel OK about it knowing that its all conjured up makings of my head and all I have to do is confront it (although I say that now.. lol, i haven't run in to anything really scary yet). I welcome the experience though. I hear that a lot of lucid dreamers have really healed a lot in their life by facing these things. Also, I hear that facing these scary things help you in "real" life facing things here too. Saturdays and Sundays are my two days of trying- I am super excited and hoping for anther experience this weekend.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Sep 2014 19:58

It can be scary but not harmful so embrace anything that happens and enjoy the dream entry.

WILD is mindblowing
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”