Long time dreamer first time poster

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
buildit

Re: Long time dreamer first time poster

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 16:00

dreamstudent wrote:That's very interesting about the dissection and seeing clay within. But makes complete sense!! Are you fearless now? What if the fear isn't exactly an object. For example what if someone feared 'being posessed' and had a lucid nightmare where that happened. Would you call the thing out first like 'show yourself!' Then freeze time and get over the fear via your way. I know your not a psychologist but I value your opinion because I feel you have insight worth while. (On a side note but still related to the topic I had an LD in which I stopped time, however, it wasnt from fear. It went like this: i get done flying (I'm already lucid) I land on a road and start walking down it but it's curvey so I cannot see all the way to the end of the road. There is a cloud shaped like an elephant with thunder in it. I see a car coming rather fast and jump up so it doesn't hit me. What I didn't know is there was a car directly behind it by a few car-lengths and I was shocked and jumped as fast as I could as it was partially under me time slowed down and stopped whilst I was in the air above the rest car from the future. Never have I seen a vehicle like this but that's not the point. The point is that was one of my very first LD s and the only time I've ever experienced time halt completely). I specifically want to know what you would do about the fear I explained above, if it was yours let's say? Your a dreamer and that's why I want your opinion?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

In my dreams when I freeze things everything but me stops. I am invulnerable so there is no need for fear, but I am curious. Analyzing is what I usually do once the world / universe is frozen. You mention the the cars, I'd inspect them, want to see who is inside. Who the jerk is that's trying to run me over. ;) As for the cloud, if I did inspect it I might alter it in some way to make it smaller and capable of being manipulate in front of me instead of entering it. One odd aspect of my taking the form of energy is I often try to absorb other energy in space to increase my own power. A lightening storm would be an interesting item to attempt to adsorb once studied.
What is it in your dream you fear is trying to posses you? The cars or the cloud? Or is there something else not described above observing? All my foes have been corporeal so my abilities make me totally immune to their worst attacks at me. Not sure what I'd do with a foe who was on even ground. :|
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 17:13

buildit wrote:
drstudent wrote:That's very interesting about the dissection and seeing clay within. But makes complete sense!! Are you fearless now? What if the fear isn't exactly an object. For example what if someone feared 'being posessed' and had a lucid nightmare where that happened. Would you call the thing out first like 'show yourself!' Then freeze time and get over the fear via your way. I know your not a psychologist but I value your opinion because I feel you have insight worth while. (On a side note but still related to the topic I had an LD in which I stopped time, however, it wasnt from fear. It went like this: i get done flying (I'm already lucid) I land on a road and start walking down it but it's curvey so I cannot see all the way to the end of the road. There is a cloud shaped like an elephant with thunder in it. I see a car coming rather fast and jump up so it doesn't hit me. What I didn't know is there was a car directly behind it by a few car-lengths and I was shocked and jumanythingast as I could as it was partially under me time slowed down and stopped whilst I was in the air above the rest car from the future. Never have I seen a vehicle like this but that's not the point. The point is that was one of my very first LD s and the only time I've ever experienced time halt completely). I specifically want to know what you would do about the fear I explained above, if it was yours let's say? Your a dreamer and that's why I want your opinion?

In my dreams when I freeze things everything but me stops. I am invulnerable so there is no need for fear, but I am curious. Analyzing is what I usually do once the world / universe is frozen. You mention the the cars, I'd inspect them, want to see who is inside. Who the jerk is that's trying to run me over. ;) As for the cloud, if I did inspect it I might alter it in some way to make it smaller and capable of being manipulate in front of me instead of entering it. One odd aspect of my taking the form of energy is I often try to absorb other energy in space to increase my own power. A lightening storm would be an interesting item to attempt to adsorb once studied.
What is it in your dream you fear is trying to posses you? The cars or the cloud? Or is there something else not described above observing? All my foes have been corporeal so my abilities make me totally immune to their worst attacks at me. Not sure what I'd do with a foe who was on even ground. :|

I fear neither the car nor the cloud it was just an example of a dream where I stopped time. I do fear being possessed I guess and had a dream once where it happened. I was blind and had little control over my body but managed to get free my feeling my way to a stairwell and jumping down it. I then heard steps across the top floor and walking towards my room as if the entity that was in my was trying to go back into my room in the dream. and no one was home and yeah. I guess I didn't hear voices or anything and nothing really bad happened. It was just the idea that something could be in control of me. Noe what are your recommendations to beat this thing if it happened again? ( the fear is more like oh geez a shadowy dark figure is trying to possess me you know?) What I'm understanding from you so far is I should call out the thing and say face me then once it does freeze time and hurt it or dissect it?

buildit

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 18:12

dreamstudent wrote:I fear neither the car nor the cloud it was just an example of a dream where I stopped time. I do fear being possessed I guess and had a dream once where it happened. I was blind and had little control over my body but managed to get free my feeling my way to a stairwell and jumping down it. I then heard steps across the top floor and walking towards my room as if the entity that was in my was trying to go back into my room in the dream. and no one was home and yeah. I guess I didn't hear voices or anything and nothing really bad happened. It was just the idea that something could be in control of me. Noe what are your recommendations to beat this thing if it happened again? ( the fear is more like oh geez a shadowy dark figure is trying to possess me you know?) What I'm understanding from you so far is I should call out the thing and say face me then once it does freeze time and hurt it or dissect it?

First I'd have to be able to detect it. I've never encountered a sentient energy form in my dreams. With a non corporeal foe I'd see if freezing things would stop it. If so then I'd investigate, if not try to communicate with it, find out what it wants. You may find it is something you can adsorb and take it's power without giving it control. Put another way, you might try possessing it! ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 19:21

buildit wrote:
dreamstudent wrote:I fear neither the car nor the was just an example of a dream where I stopped time. I do fear being possessed I guess and had a dream once where it happened. I was blind and had little control over my body but managed to get free my feeling my way to a stairwell and jumping down it. I then heard steps across the top floor and walking towards my room as if the entity that was in my was trying to go back into my room in the dream. and no one was home and yeah. I guess I didn't hear voices or anything and nothing really bad happened. It was just the idea that something could be in control of me. Noe what are your recommendations to beat this thing if it happened again? ( the fear is more like oh geez a shadowy dark figure is trying to possess me you know?) What I'm understanding from you so far is I should call out the thing and say face me then once it does freeze time and hurt it or dissect it?

First I'd have to be able to detect it. I've never encountered a sentient energy form in my dreams. With a non corporeal foe I'd see if freezing things would stop it. If so then I'd investigate, if not try to communicate with it, find out what it wants. You may find it is something you can adsorb and take it's power without giving it control. Put another way, you might try possessing it! ;)

I knew talking to you was the right thing to do that is awesome!! Try possesing it I would have never thought abut that omg. Genius. Well I don't know how to add people but you will have to add me I'm sure maybe one day I could help you in some way?

buildit

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 21:24

Add you to what? :?

You and the others have helped me just to know others are doing this and providing reference points to what I do vs others. It's been like being able to see a color that everyone says doesn't exist and suddenly walking into a room full of people who are using that color to pain the walls with awesome art! 8-) I'm loving what I am seeing everywhere and the art work that's unfolding, as well as the chance to show some of my doodles. ;)

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 22:07

Your friends list I'll try to add you. But you should try to add me to in case mine doesnt work. And yeah I started thinking I was crazy for a while cus no one knew what lucid dreaming was.. But now I feel smarter in a way than the others who never believe stuff like flying and freezing time is possible. I would like to see some of your drawings though!!

buildit

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 22:28

dreamstudent wrote:Your friends list I'll try to add you. But you should try to add me to in case mine doesnt work. And yeah I started thinking I was crazy for a while cus no one knew what lucid dreaming was.. But now I feel smarter in a way than the others who never believe stuff like flying and freezing time is possible. I would like to see some of your drawings though!!

You should be added to my friend list now. While I am the descendant of artists I am no artist. :cry: My art is in my head but doesn't translate well thru my hands. :oops:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”