Hello from Scotland

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
picklish

Hello from Scotland

Postby picklish » 26 Sep 2014 16:20

Hi, I'm a polysomnographic technician/researcher from Edinburgh who has been interested in lucid dreaming since I first discovered Stephen LaBerge's Nova Dreamer device.

However, I've never been very good at it, and am hoping for some new tips and skills that will increase my ability to lucid dream. There looks like there may be a ream of information here.

I've also 99% complete a novel (just one final edit...alright, one more...) on a society dominated by lucid dreamers, it's half utopia and half dystopia.

buildit

Re: Hello from Scotland

Postby buildit » 26 Sep 2014 22:30

picklish wrote:I've also 99% complete a novel (just one final edit...alright, one more...) on a society dominated by lucid dreamers, it's half utopia and half dystopia.

I wonder what the effect of a society who is happier living in their dreams that in reality would be like. Oh wait, it would be like our current society with kids happier to live in a electronic society than be active in a real one. There, novel finished. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

picklish

Re: Hello from Scotland

Postby picklish » 28 Sep 2014 14:38

buildit wrote:
picklish wrote:I've also 99% complete a novel (just one final edit...alright, one more...) on a society dominated by lucid dreamers, it's half utopia and half dystopia.

I wonder what the effect of a society who is happier living in their dreams that in reality would be like. Oh wait, it would be like our current society with kids happier to live in a electronic society than be active in a real one. There, novel finished. :lol:

haha, basically yes. But then if you don't learn what kind of incredible experiences you could dream about, then your dreams would just be mundane.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”