Hello everyone! I am so glad I'm here..

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DesertExplorer

Hello everyone! I am so glad I'm here..

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Oct 2014 23:34

I wanted to introduce myself as I just registered here..

First of all, I began to learn about Lucid Dreaming recently, but I had a couple of those in my childhood, so I am very interested in learning more and being an experienced Lucid Dreamer. I would also like you to be a part of this accomplishment with sharing techniques and opinions about the subject.

So, as I said I have experienced LD, but for a long time I was not aware of it's benefits, because I was just using it to wake up sooner. (somehow I never felt comfortable with the experience). Anyway, it's been a two weeks since I started to learn more and more about it and teaching myself to do it more regularly and successfully. Then I stopped.

I wouldn't get involved with this if exactly after two weeks wouldn't happen for me to be in a LD that I actually could take control for the first time. I was a little disappointed, because this experience lasted for seconds (as it seemed in my dream) and it was so obscured. But I can say enough excited to try again. In that night I dreamt a lot of long (might say hours) dreams and when the phone ring, I woke up but fell asleep almost immediately after answering. Well, the same last dream continues and after this I see myself in my room, pushing with my fingers my left hand. It's weird that I did a Reality Check after I stopped doing it for one half month. But it's not that weird that it didn't worked as I was doubting every time I'd do it if this would work in the end (and it didn't, I was fooled). But, here is something that I wouldn't do if I was awake; I bit my ribs and felt nothing, I was numb. For some reason one RC, itself did not convince me (hopefully). Then, I realized that I was dreaming and surprising myself with my calmness, I tried to float. I couldn't do it with easiness (probably because I couldn't imagine it in reality) but I enjoyed every moment of it! I floated up to my ceiling and then I tried to go outside my house, through my balcony door. I was very careful when I did it, because of the first RC's inability to work. In my surprise, I got outside this way. As I was flying over the road it seems to me now that I lost control and got myself into a regular dream again. Then I woke up..

It was my first LD experience that I could control, but it didn't last for long and now I have trouble doing it again. My dreams are so blurred and I don't remember them very well, anymore. Is it because I'm very tired when I sleep? What do you make out of this? I could use some advice here.

Thank you for taking some time to read this. Any helpful answers would be much appreciated.. :D
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Summerlander

Re: Hello everyone! I am so glad I'm here..

Postby Summerlander » 06 Oct 2014 02:13

It's not because you are tired. You just need to work on prolonging the lucid dream using reliable techniques. Sensory amplification tends to work for everyone. I tend to rub my hands for ten seconds, blow on them, and won't stop until I get hyper-realistic surroundings. As I rub my hands I try to feel the warmth friction produces so tactility is stimulated. I hear the hands rubbing. I crave for visual clarity too. Once it is real enough I go about my business. If the dream world fades I employ sensory amplification again. I can palpate my body, constantly on the move and sometimes I touch dream objects. Sensory amplification as needed basically.

Now, obviously there is a tendency to lose lucidity. The lucid dream state is not stable. It tends to fluctuate between wakefulness and ordinary dream. Hence the reason why you sometimes know that you are dreaming but can still think irrationally.

If you wake prematurely, the moment you begin to feel a bed beneath you just try to separate from the body (get up even if you think you are doing it physically). Nine times out of ten you are still in the dream world. In essence, you'd be re-entering the lucid dream state. Do this as many times as it takes everytime it seems like you are about to wake up. Expire this option.

Now, the other problem. You must fight to keep lucidity. Have a plan of action beforehand and stick to it. Three steps is enough to begin with. Example:

1- Spin to teleport to Mars
2- Meet a sexy female Martian and make love to her
3- Fly towards the moon and watch an Earthrise.

If you remember your plan you are likely to remain lucid because memory is interrelated with consciousness. If there is anything arbitrary going on, like dream characters doing something and it is not part of the plan, you may engage with them but do not become to absorbed as there is always a risk of forgetting that you are dreaming.

When you finally wake up, do not move for a minute and ask yourself what happened while you were lucid. Did you manage to carry out the plan. Even if you didn't, it will help you as a point of reference. You may find yourself remembering things in reverse. The events before waking, and before that, and before that, and so forth. Record it in your journal or a dictation machine.

Write in the present tense, like you are reliving it, still there. It is not gone! The more you write or record, the more it comes back to you. All these details start coming to the fore. Eventually you will have a coherent, vivid memory of events in a lucid dream. You may also record how you frlt during certain lucid dream scenes. You might have felt confused at the sight of a weird dream object. Record it. In the end you will have enough to compose an essay and put it into beautiful prose. And then you can revisit the memory any time.

This is a way to tackle the problems that most lucid dteamers encounter. Stimulate memory and consciousness by staying focused and organised. Good luck! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Re: Hello everyone! I am so glad I'm here..

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Dec 2014 02:48

I had quitted all this time, but I will try again, soon.

Thank you, Summerlander.
You have been very helpful.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “Introduce Yourself”