Hi there...

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
illiminator

Hi there...

Postby illiminator » 06 Oct 2014 20:09

First of all I'm really glad to have found out about Lucid dreaming. I'm from the Netherlands and even though I'm bi-lingual my English is flawed in some instances. Please excuse me for any spelling errors or bad vocabulary.

Since an early age I've had very vivid dreams, but I never thought it meant anything until I found this website. Last night I watched 2 documentaries, read some articles on the website and got started straight away. I started my dream journal this morning and I have a question for anyone reading this. In the documentaries I watched (on youtube) I found out about reality checks (looking at your hands for instance) and also discovered you can come into contact with your subconscious self by asking questions to dream characters.

Anyway I forgot to do the reality checks in my dream, but I did ask one of the dream characters (who happened to be my dad) what he represents and I got an answer. So here's the question: Would you say this is the start of lucid dreaming?

Sorry this isn't really an introduction to myself, but I didn't know what to say, so I just started here :)

Cheerio

buildit

Re: Hi there...

Postby buildit » 07 Oct 2014 00:10

First your English seems better than many Americans. :lol:

Second it does sound lucid when you ask dc's questions. Do you remember what your dad said?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

illiminator

Postby illiminator » 07 Oct 2014 14:02

Yes I do, but I'd like to keep that private because it's something personal which needs a lot of explaining. I wasn't able to control everything in the dream though, so how would you say I manage to do that?

R99

Postby R99 » 07 Oct 2014 19:22

hey there, u had a LD b4 posting a single post here, wow .. u r upto a good start. but u didnt mention how long u been trying to achieve lucidity. if its just a start, be patient, i got my first LD within one week after introducing to LD. and also Welcome to the group. here u got lots of experienced Lucid dreamers. use this site well.

GD luk dreamer.
I see the Truth now.

buildit

Postby buildit » 07 Oct 2014 23:46

illiminator wrote:Yes I do, but I'd like to keep that private because it's something personal which needs a lot of explaining. I wasn't able to control everything in the dream though, so how would you say I manage to do that?

That's cool but I understand. However the lucid part means you were aware it was a dream. The control part to me is a side effect of being lucid.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”