My Story: How I started.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
KitkatSkittlez

My Story: How I started.

Postby KitkatSkittlez » 20 Oct 2014 09:18

First heard of?
I first heard of lucid dreaming a few days ago on Instagram, it sounded cool but I thought it was another one of those scams and hoax' that most people do. I haven't tried it yet but I am hoping to.

History? Intentions?
I don't know if I have lucid dreamed before but I do often catch myself daydreaming, I will stare at the sky aimlessly and make out figures flying around often a phoenix or mythical bird.
I often create my own dreams before I go to sleep, It's like a novel or movie that goes on for a few days or weeks until the topic changes and I become someone else that I'm not. I don't know if this is lucid dreaming.

I told my boyfriend about this and asked if I should give it a try, I can tell he really cares about me, he doesn't like the idea of sleep paralysis, he says there is a reason that your body will send you signals to see if your ready to sleep or not... I love him a lot and I trust him more than anyone, but there are heaps of things stopping me from trying Lucid Dreaming..

Tips and Help?
Please reply to me and help to convince me, tell me the truth of both ups and downs of Lucid Dreaming and don't be afraid to say something that would scare me.
I don't get scared easily in dreams, gaming, etc.

Summerlander

Re: My Story: How I started.

Postby Summerlander » 20 Oct 2014 12:30

What you described above is dream incubation, not lucid dreaming. (Although you can incubate lucid dreams as well.) Bear in mind that when you lucid dream you don't necessarily have control - but it is a good thing when you do.

Lucid dreaming simply means to know that you are dreaming while it's happening. The best and most powerful lucid dreams are those where you feel fully awake and aware inside the dream world besides being 100% sure that it is all a dream. You may also employ techniques to make the dream surroundings as realistic as the real world, often attaining hyper-realistic qualities that one will never see in waking life.

If you want to learn about WILD, DILD and MILD methods, check out the good advice provided by Rebecca Turner.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Re: My Story: How I started.

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Oct 2014 00:46

KitkatSkittlez, welcome to the forum.

When I became interested in learning more about non-lucid and lucid dreams, what really helped my dream recall was to keep a dream journal.

Here are some good resources for information about lucid and non-lucid dreams, and an article with good advice about sleep paralysis.

- On the Home page of this World-Of-Lucid-Dreaming website, at top, click on tab "Categories", which opens up a very helpful list of articles compiled by Rebecca.

- Two other good websites -
-Lucid Dreaming Experience - www.dreaminglucid.com

- Robert Moss Blog - www.mossdreams.blogspot.com

- Article - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" by Ryan Hurd - www.dreamstudies.org
Ryan adds a 10th "ultimate method" - "scrunch up your face ... snarl and squint. Do this two or three times in a row and the paralysis will break immediately."

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- Book - "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield
Includes discussion about lucid dreaming, but also has great suggestions and insights regarding the wider understanding of all kinds of dreams.

Best Wishes - jasmine2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”