How do I control lucid dreams?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
James86

How do I control lucid dreams?

Postby James86 » 16 Dec 2014 04:47

I've been researching lucid dreams for a while now, well over 2 years, I've always been interested in the concept. This is how my first lucid dream started; I was woken up by my roommate at around 5am and was awake for an hour or so. I eventually fell asleep and in my dream I was on the phone to a friend of mine and he wasn't making any sense, I looked on the floor and saw my phone but could hear my friend in my head, I looked at my hand and nothing was there but could still hear my friend talking. I started to question my sanity. I looked at my hand again and it was really distorted, I instantly clicked on that I was dreaming. It was so surreal that I had a false awakening, I looked at my hand again and it was really distorted again, I knew I was still dreaming. I was completely aware of what was happening so I tried my hardest to keep it going. Obviously, due to the shock I kept waking up but I had the choice to stay in this realm. I eventually got to a stage where I could kind of control what was happening, I managed to roll myself out of bed and get myself outside. I instantly thought of flying so I held on to the side of my house and crawled up it with my hands and nothing else, I looked down and I was actually levitating, it felt so surreal. The rest of the dream is a blur due to lots of false awakenings but I remember waking up feeling really worn out.

Nothing really happened until a couple of weeks later (last night (15th of December)), I randomly woke up at 4:30am and tried to get to sleep a couple of hours later. I was intentionally trying to give myself a lucid dream whilst in bed. I found myself dreaming of myself laying in bed trying to fall asleep, after lots of shenanigans I clicked on that I was dreaming after looking at my hand again. The moment that I clicked on, a figure walked in to my room and held me down with his left hand, I couldn't move, shout out, nothing. I thought I could fly out of the situation but nothing happened until I managed to wake up. I instantly tried to fall back asleep and face it but it didn't happen. I see this as my subconscious telling me that I'm not ready and that I have no control.

What can I do to overpower my subconscious and make my mind adapt to lucid dreaming? Any input is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

nesgirl

Re: How do I control lucid dreams?

Postby nesgirl » 16 Dec 2014 07:06

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

James86

Re: How do I control lucid dreams?

Postby James86 » 18 Dec 2014 18:34

Hey nesgirl, thanks for the input. I basically did what you said about not being afraid of it, I instantly tried to leap back into the dream but nothing happened. I'm just going to keep waking myself up and falling back asleep with the intention of having a lucid dream (obviously) and keep practicing from there. I hear that inducing sleep paralysis is a very effective method? But I'm a bit anxious of letting my body become completely paralyzed.

I guess I'll figure it out along the way.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”