Lucid Dreaming for 13 years

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
hectorjose

Lucid Dreaming for 13 years

Postby hectorjose » 24 Dec 2014 01:22

Hi I just joined the forum as I was searching the internet looking for ways to better control my lucid dreams. I have been lucid dreaming for about 13 years and have had many experiences and conducted many experiments. I have recently become very curious about other peoples lucid experiences since the people around me in my daily waking life, don't seem to lucid dream. Every now and then I come across someone who says something like, "oh sure I think I might have lucid dreamt once or twice as a child!" But my last lucid dream was two nights ago, and anyone who has had the experience, doesn't "think they might have" they know for sure. All that to say I'm not able to really engage in thoughtful discussions (offline that is) about my experiences and the people I tell think my lucid dreams are cool, but I can also tell they can't really relate. So finding this forum, seemed like good timing, as my lucid dreams are fairly regular (I would say anywhere between 5 to 8 a month).

I do things in my lucid dreams that I wonder if any one else does. Things that I picked up on my own (didn't read or hear about it). For example, sometimes the lucidity is so strong that there is a moment of confusion about whether I'm actually awake and not even dreaming. What I naturally learned to do was find a clock (there always seems to be one around lol) and I look at it, look away, and then look at it again....If the time has drastically changed, I know I am fully lucid which usually then leads to me flying somewhere or busting out a window if i happen to be in a building, and flying above the city (I want to make sure I'm lucid before doing that!). I came up with this on my own and only recently wondered if others have learned to do the same thing.

One reason I came online is I have been experimenting with controling my lucid dream i.e. making the scene change to a day of my childhood, creating a dream character, or calling out for guides. I find that this often doesn't work. Sometimes even though I know I'm lucid I try to go through a wall...sometimes it works and sometimes the wall feels physical and I cant go through it (even though I know I'm lucid!). Since I have been doing this for over a decade, i decided to come on line and read about other peoples experiences and see what I could learn and if I could take that and continue my lucid dream experiments (and see if i get any results!)

-Hector
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

HAGART

Re: Lucid Dreaming for 13 years

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 04:14

hectorjose wrote: the people around me in my daily waking life, don't seem to lucid dream. Every now and then I come across someone who says something like, "oh sure I think I might have lucid dreamt once or twice as a child!"

And then they change subjects... I know how you feel.

Welcome to the club!

I feel normal with expressing myself here, but my family must think I'm nuts, so I bite my tongue about the subject. On Christmas day my brother got a mango in his stocking and I just blurted out, "oh, yea, that reminds me of a dream I had last night where I was eating a mango." Then you get the look --> :roll:

Anyway, nice to meet you!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 06 Jan 2015 22:53

Nice to meet you too, and thanks for sharing. I talk to my sister about it who wants to lucid dream so bad but has not been able to do it yet. my other family members think its cool but don't seem all that interested lol

I figure if I can do it, anyone can do it, but most people I know, say they can't. Very cool to meet others who can :D
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jan 2015 09:32

good to see you here and plenty of experience around so share and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”