Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Postby misterkrazy » 23 Jan 2015 16:46

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum today and just visited the site yesterday. Before I knew what lucid dreaming was I had a few experiences that were all pretty much the same , I would have a dream where I knew I was dreaming and I would try to wake myself up from it , and in my mind I was shaking ( weather I was actually doing it I don't know ) I would think over and over you have to wake up and after trying for a little bit I would snap awake and look at the clock and see that I have only been asleep for not more the 20 minutes. I have had that experience many times and didn't really know what was happening until now.

So Yesterday I tried the reality checks thru out the day and watched one of the videos on this site and then another one just before bed, and told myself I will remember my dreams. Now I did remember my dreams but don't recall having control over them. I will share them in the dream thread later. If anyone has any advice for me that would be nice and thank you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: Hello

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2015 04:42

"Shaking in the head" after only 20 minutes... that sounds like the onset of a WILD.

There are many different sensations, but I've had head vibrations and even got up from bed in a dream and walked around still feeling it in a lucid dream just like you. It's hard to explain, but in my dream journal I said it was like my mind was vibrating. And 20 minutes sounds about right from when you fall asleep to when a dream can start. I have a strong hunch about that. Next time, don't tell yourself to wake up and just ride it out. Those feelings go away after you start moving around in the dream and get focused in it.

There is much to read here and figure it out for yourself. Or I could always explain what I'm trying to say more if need be. But I do have a feeling that's what's going on.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Re: Hello

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Jan 2015 02:16

misterkrazy, welcome to the forum.

In addition to Rebecca Turner's good information on lucid dreaming at this website, I also recommended the very wise book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”