Born Dreamer on the journey to Lucidity...

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Cloud 9

Born Dreamer on the journey to Lucidity...

Postby Cloud 9 » 28 Jan 2015 04:18

I got fascinated after reading Robert Waggoner's book Gateway to the Inner Self. That was about 3 months ago.. I've been trying to reach lucidity ever since. Ironically, last night was the closest I've gotten. I actually realized I was dreaming, and used that to tell off a character I was trying to dismiss lol. I guess you could call this semi lucidity, since I never did any reality checks nor took control of my dream.. I just wandered and did random things but totally forgot about my task and all. Nevertheless I woke up excited for being close :)

I'm giving it my all and I am really ambitious with my goals of lucidity.. so please provide your input wherever necessary and let's get this ship sailing! :mrgreen:
I will not stop. I will not quit. The universe has no option but to process my request. I am a man possessed.

hectorjose

Re: Born Dreamer on the journey to Lucidity...

Postby hectorjose » 28 Jan 2015 23:03

One thing I would do early on in lucid dreaming was tell myself before going to sleep (whether it be right before going to sleep or at some point during the day) that when I found myself lucid, I would say a certain phrase or do a certain action. For example, there is a shoalin hand gesture that closes one hand into a fist and you place it against the outstretched palm of the other hand. I would often do this gesture as soon as I found myself lucid again, and sometimes it would make the lucid dream more stable and even last longer. Other times, rather than a gesture, I would just tell myself a phrase that I wanted to say next time I was lucid...It might be my full name, a colleagues name, or some other randomly chosen phrase I would come up with ahead of time.

What I discovered though was when I'd become lucid, sometimes the experience of being in the scene was so exciting (and I wanted to fly, interact, or explore) that I'd completely forget to say my per-arranged phrase or do my per-arranged gesture. I even wonder if doing things like this has any benefit while lucid...although I did find that doing it, can be like grounding yourself, and not letting the excitement or happiness of realizing you are lucid again, be so overwhelming (almost like mentally calming yourself before a big game or a big race).

I also think for people who are close to lucid dreaming, it could be a useful technique because if they keep telling themselves, I want to do this or say that when I am dreaming, when it actually occurs, it act as a trigger and can bring about full blown lucidity.
Last edited by hectorjose on 28 Jan 2015 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Cloud 9

Re: Born Dreamer on the journey to Lucidity...

Postby Cloud 9 » 28 Jan 2015 23:18

Yes that is a very good idea. The ritual I had in mind was to rub my hands together to stabilize the dream, and state "clarity now!" for... umm... clarity lol. I guess I simply haven't engrained this into my head enough since I didn't do it upon realization of the dream.

I'm going to try to "practice" this via visualization and dream incubation for an hour b4 bed, for a week. I think it's a matter of commitment, like anything else in life right.

Thanks for your input, you gave me a great idea! :D
I will not stop. I will not quit. The universe has no option but to process my request. I am a man possessed.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”