Introduction

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Miles917

Introduction

Postby Miles917 » 30 Jan 2015 22:25

I'm new here and this is my very first post. I love hearing stories from all kinds of people about dreams and am grateful for World of Lucid Dreaming.

Hello, lucid dreamers! I am 18 years old and I am from northwest Indiana (about an hour from Chicago) in the United States. I want to hear tips and experiences from you and have a great time. My first experience with lucidity was when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I had sleep paralysis--the only episode I've had so far. It was the scariest experience of my life. I couldn't move, scream, or close my eyes, having to look at a dark figure in my doorway. Keep in mind I was very young and when it was over I was hoping that something like that would never happen again. Then, I think a year or two later, I had my first lucid dream. It was somewhat short as I was unable to contain my excitement, but the first thing and the only thing I could think about was flying. I just felt so free that I had to just lift up and soar. Since then, I had only a very brief lucid dream after that. I still keep trying and from this website I really want some tips to have the best dreams and have them more frequently.

I also want to show you something I found that is very interesting. It's some very good binaural beats that I listen to. youtube.com/brainwavepowermusic.

I also recommend watching the NOVA episode "What Are Dreams?" either on Netflix or http://www.amazon.com/What-Are-Dreams/dp/B003E4AXJC/.

I hope you like the programs and I will basically use Microsoft Word and this website to keep a record of dream experiences to share with the world.

ashes2ashes

Re: Introduction

Postby ashes2ashes » 31 Jan 2015 18:43

Hey Miles. This is my first posting also. Welcome to the world of lucid dreaming! I too suffer from episodes of sleep paralysis which are usually very frightening. Unfortunately, I have only been able to fend off a couple of the episodes. Hopefully this forum will help me with some tips and information. I used to practice flying in my dreams all the time it can be very fun! I hope this forum helps you discover the best ways to practice and grow your lucid dreaming skills.- Ash

Return to “Introduce Yourself”