I've been actively LDing since pre-school

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DoctorSleep

I've been actively LDing since pre-school

Postby DoctorSleep » 28 Sep 2016 02:47

Before I begin I should state a few facts about myself, as they will be very important in this post.

I am sixteen going on seventeen now.
I was born on the thirty first of October - which is very important because I have been obsessed with dark and scary things my entire life because of this.
I have an amazing memory, not photographic but almost to that point, and I have little to none childhood amnesia

I've been able to lucid dream since pre-school; maybe a bit earlier than that. This all started because when I was very young, starting from the age of at least two years old, I began having extremely intense nightmares every night (I will go more in depth about my nightmares in a different post under the correct topic) as well as slightly lucid dreams. At the age of three (my first year of pre-school) I reached a turning point and knew I had to do something about my nightmares, they were all I could think about and I was afraid to go to sleep, so I began paying very close attention to when my dreams would turn lucid, and when my nightmares would turn lucid. I started to notice a pattern after about a month of observance: 1. if I was thinking about my toy toolset while I was falling asleep, I would have a lucid dream usually taking place in my kitchen or living room and ALWAYS during the day. 2. If I thought about my dad's old PT Cruiser then I would have a lucid dream where I was in a dark room with no apparent floor, ceiling or walls; just darkness where I couldn't move but I could talk (this is the only time I have ever been able to talk or make any sort of noise at all in my dreams, and still is), in the middle of the room there was a bright white light rectangle that looked like a long window, which had a black silhouette of a man (sometimes two, but the second one only ever said one sentence ever [more on that in another post] but I rarely saw him) who would ask me questions like an interview, except all the questions were very personal and were only things I would know about, but they weren't things that I was ashamed of, they were just random questions about me. 3. thinking about red lego bricks meant I was going to have a dream about doing something fun with my mom and dad like going to the park or playing marbles. I took all these patterns and begin practicing them each night depending on what I wanted to do, the one I most commonly would enjoy doing was the second one; where I was getting interviewed (this made me feel important and special so I enjoyed this the most even though it was one the dreams that scared me in the beginning) I often would go to bed early just so I could go back to my dream worlds as quick as possible after I had gotten control of my dreams. So thats how I began lucid dreaming, and thats how I still am lucid dreaming (with a few changes to my techniques but basically the same method).

I will go more in depth about everything in another post, but what I want to know is if this type of thing is normal, and if not, how am I able to do it so easily? Thanks in advance.

HAGART

Re: I've been actively LDing since pre-school

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 03:16

I didn't lucid dream much until when I hit 30 which is odd because I heard most children lucid dream most and then lose the ability later in life. Maybe I'm actually the exception. Although I didn't start out by controlling nightmares, I know some that do and that is actually very common. People have a bad dream that's recurring and then decide to change it and realize that they are dreaming from a nightmare.

So long story short, yes it is normal, and I hear it often, and you have already thought about it a lot with many details, so you are well on the road to getting to know your dreams, more than anyone else here, can because it's personal and ineffable.

Welcome to the forum.
Last edited by HAGART on 28 Sep 2016 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 03:20

And also interesting that being born on Halloween would change your personality, constantly being told you are born on that day. The day and event are made up, but the idea and feeling behind it is real and gets ingrained in our minds growing up. I can understand how that will affect a person. My cousin was born on Christmas Day, but now wonder if that has effected him. Of course it should. That is so weird, having birthday presents and Christmas presents, a Christmas party and Birthday party on the same day.

That will mess with your mind.

DoctorSleep

Postby DoctorSleep » 28 Sep 2016 03:38

HAGART wrote:I didn't lucid dream much until when I hit 30 which is odd because I heard most children lucid dream most and then lose the ability later in life. Maybe I'm actually the exception. Although I didn't start out by controlling nightmares, I know some that do and that is actually very common. People have a bad dream that's recurring and then decide to change it and realize that they are dreaming from a nightmare.

So long story short, yes it is normal, and I hear it often, and you have already thought about it a lot with many details, so you are well on the road to getting to know your dreams, more than anyone else here, can because it's personal and ineffable.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the fast reply, and I'm glad that this forum actually has some very active members - which I also intend on being as well - and I hope I don't loose the ability to lucid dream later in life like you said, but since I can still do it now consistently and easily then I don't think I will loose the ability to. cheers from a fellow canadian! :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Sep 2016 04:01

Ah, fellow Canadian! I never noticed, eh?
(We gotta stop doing that stereotype. Sorry about that. I'll make it up by getting you a double double from Tim's. :D ) I don't even do that, but it's our slang that only we know, so it's fun to let others wonder what it means.

I am not active all the time, but was going through messages here and saw your post come up as a new one. I had to finally "mark topics read" because I was starting to drudge up things from back in August!

Not that it's old. My posts go back further than that, but I want to keep up to to date and reply with people that are actually currently active too, so nice to see you and hope you learn a lot here as I have, ignoring some of the garbage along the way.

angellily

Postby angellily » 15 Oct 2016 11:43

Hello
thanx for share .
Regards
angellily

kevinwalsh

Postby kevinwalsh » 01 Aug 2017 10:54

Hello,
Has anyone ever accomplished dreaming lucidly? It's a subject I've found interesting. But it's more common in younger aged teens, and I'm too old to try to be too successful, plus I'm lazy. If you accomplished it, what were your reality checks, how often do you experience these dreams, and how did you first start having lucid dreams?

aida3

Postby aida3 » 03 Oct 2017 11:54

hi

ironbird

Postby ironbird » 20 Nov 2017 16:35

One of the most helpful ‘tricks’ to resolve nightmares is lucid dreaming, and studies have shown the effectiveness of dream lucidity in eliminating nightmares. Children have a facility with learning to lucid dream that many adults don’t have, as children are freer from assumptions and limiting beliefs. It’s highly likely that all children naturally experience lucid dreams. Simply suggesting to your child that she can wake up inside a dream and change the dream if she wants to may well result in a lucid dream that same night!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”