Hello, I'm Velo!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
VeloJello

Hello, I'm Velo!

Postby VeloJello » 29 Apr 2017 20:17

Please pardon the rhyme, I couldn't resist. :D

At any rate, you can call me VeloJello, Velo, or Katie. I live in Michigan, USA, and I'm really excited about lucid dreaming! I tried a very rigorous lucid dreaming plan several months ago (starting in February), but got nowhere with it and ended up being so frustrated with it, and so tired and busy from school, that I took a temporary hiatus. I'm back on the horse of trying to learn lucid dreaming, though. Last time, I tried so many different methods (MILD, DILD, VILD, and even WILD on weekends) that I never really got anywhere with any of them! This time, I'm going to focus strongly on MILD while still incorporating a few DILD and VILD aspects (reality checks, visualization meditation). I look forward to sharing my progress with you all, and hopefully learning some things of my own so that I can help out in turn. I'm sure I'm going to be posting lots of questions, but if anyone has any tips on the methods I mentioned (especially meditation; I've been meditating for months and I'm... not the best at it), please feel free to let me know. Thank you for reading!

DreamerMan99

Re: Hello, I'm Velo!

Postby DreamerMan99 » 30 Apr 2017 14:37

welcome!
Good luck,
Dream on.

amyramoon

Postby amyramoon » 01 May 2017 21:36

Hey Velo! I'm new here too. I am a natural lucid dreamer. It just happened one day and has been growing ever since. I normally don't try any outside intervention or forcing, but I am going to change that. After finding out all the ways in which we could benefit from lucid dreaming...

Price

Postby Price » 11 May 2017 02:00

Here is a meditation tip.

Sit down to meditate an focus on your breathing. Inhale and bring intention and awareness to your surroundings. Exhale and relax.

First focus more on your exhales and your relaxations. Keep doing this until you feel like you are going to fall asleep, then focus your attention on your inhale and bringing awareness into your body and surroundings. You should start to feel less tired and more awake.

The goal of the meditation is to learn to surf your consciousness between waking and sleeping. When you get to the right place you will start to hallucinate. This is call hypnagogic hallucinations. Mentally say to yourself the weird things that you see.

Try to do this meditation first with your eyes closed, then with your eyes open. As you do this meditation you be able to watch yourself fall asleep and enter to WILD.

I found that if you want to work on the MILD techniques, just stopping throughout the day and doing awareness meditations, for 30 seconds maybe 5 times throughout the day really helps

Return to “Introduce Yourself”