Hello :)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
goldenrose

Hello :)

Postby goldenrose » 25 Jun 2017 05:11

Hi guys, my name is Karmen, from southeast U.S., and I am new to this forum. I'm not a beginner to lucid dreaming, but I'm nowhere near being an expert on the matter. I am very curious about this subject mostly because of the oddity of my dream life, where I often have very vivid dreams and in succession night after night, with recurring dream characters and locations. I'd like to be able to take control in these situations and figure out what is going on from inside of my dreams.

I can become lucid, but my main issue is I still have no control when I do. That's my main goal right now, to gain control while lucid.

Anyway, I'm eager to converse with you guys, and look forward to growing as a lucid dreamer!
Darkness is always held up by the light.

IvoryPavo

Re: Hello :)

Postby IvoryPavo » 27 Jun 2017 15:35

Hello!
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

L_u_m_e_n

Postby L_u_m_e_n » 30 Jun 2017 01:12

Hello Rose, it seems we are in the same region. I'm in southeast Georgia myself.
Anyhow, one of the methods I use when controlling my LDs is to close my eyes and completely focus on what it is that I want to change. I am no expert either but I feel very adept in controlling my own LD. Although, there have been a few times that I concentrated so much that I literally gave myself a headache from controlling my LD. It mostly happened when I was just figuring out how to change massive amounts of details but as just about anything else, it got easier over time with repetition and with less headaches.

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 30 Jun 2017 02:51

L_u_m_e_n wrote:Hello Rose, it seems we are in the same region. I'm in southeast Georgia myself.
Anyhow, one of the methods I use when controlling my LDs is to close my eyes and completely focus on what it is that I want to change. I am no expert either but I feel very adept in controlling my own LD. Although, there have been a few times that I concentrated so much that I literally gave myself a headache from controlling my LD. It mostly happened when I was just figuring out how to change massive amounts of details but as just about anything else, it got easier over time with repetition and with less headaches.

Thank you! Yes, I tend to get headaches from the concentration, but that's been slowly going away. I'll try closing my eyes while concentrating next time I'm lucid. :D
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”