Back at it for the third time!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Kallin

Back at it for the third time!

Postby Kallin » 19 Jul 2017 13:48

Hi all!

So, third time's the charm, right?

I stumbled upon an article about lucid dreaming in the early days of the internet when I was a teenager (wow, did that sentence make me feel old!). I can still remember my first lucid dream, walked down the stairs into my grandparents' basement and realised that I was dreaming. Tried to push my hands through the wall and was so amazed by the feeling that I woke up. I had another one a couple of weeks after that, was trying to stay lucid by looking at my hands but they remained quite blurry. Then I looked into a mirror and saw my face being kind of scrambled.

The second time I tried was two years ago but quite after only a week or two (more about why later).

And now I'm at it again, more motivated than ever, I even bought the fast track course!

My main reason for starting this is because of my nightmares. Literally all of my dreams are nightmares in one way or another! I have also been suffering from depression, and as recent as a couple of months ago quit my job just in time to prevent a total burnout.
So I would like to get rid of these bad dreams and get a better understanding of myself.

The second reason is creativity, I am an aspiring music producer and would like to unlock a bit more of that creativity that I know is locked away inside. Often suffer from writer's block and actually most often don't think that my music even sounds like music.

Would love to get in contact with others who are using lucid dreaming to tap into their creativity, for music or anything else!
Here's a sample if anyone would be interested:

https://vimeo.com/216306106

My biggest challenge when it comes to lucid dreaming is dream recall. Well, not recalling the dreams per se, if I write something out of a dream down it will stick as a memory! I read through an old dream diary just now and remembered pretty much all of it.

However, my problem seems to be that I wake up during the "wrong" sleep cycle. Even when staying still in bed I most often can't remember a single thing.

Anyway, I am thrilled to be new on this site and am looking forward to getting to know new people and share experiences!

24/7/365

Re: Back at it for the third time!

Postby 24/7/365 » 21 Jul 2017 03:13

that's cool, good luck!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”