New to this & eager to learn

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
LPWhite

New to this & eager to learn

Postby LPWhite » 10 Sep 2017 23:39

Hello everyone!

My name is Lauren and I am 21 years old from the UK. Ever since I was little I have always been fascinated by my dreams and I dream every night and remember most of my dreams. When I was about 11/12 I had my very first LD (didn't realise that it was a LD at the time). I vividly remember my nephew had just been born in real life and my dream consisted of me and my entire family (including my baby nephew) stuck in a volcano surrounded by lava. I remember feeling the overwhelming sensation and panic and tried to think of a way out, when I suddenly realised I was dreaming. I shut my eyes, thought of my home and when I opened them again, I was there. At that moment I suddenly woke up from my dream so confused about what just happened.

It's when I told my Dad the next morning that he began to tell me all about LD and what they are all about. He told me that he had been able to do it for as long as he could remember and that it's something he loves being able to do. I tried to make it happen again but it never happened and that being said I slowly forgot about it.

Over the last coupl of years I have become very passionate about meditation, yoga etc and have been having very vidid, yet wonderful dreams. The world of LD has once again consumed me and I now feel an overwhelming desire to try and start this again.

I have recently purchase multiple books on LD, been watching YouTube videos, meditating and have also purchased a dream journal, got into the habit of checking that "I am awake and not dreaming" and have started recording all my dreams to improve my recall and feel like I am on the verge of being able to LD once again (recall is improving, meditating until I can start to see dreaming images while being aware I'm dreaming etc).

Now I feel like I am getting somewhere and feel like it could happen any day now I was wondering if anyone on here had any tips/ advice/ constructive criticism/ anything at all that may help me?

Thank you everyone!

Juckles

Re: New to this & eager to learn

Postby Juckles » 13 Sep 2017 02:58

If you want I can help you im allready myself making my own idealogy on lucid dreaming

baccuss

Postby baccuss » 23 Sep 2017 08:16

Sounds like you have already got a handle on a lot of things. Ask your dad how he does it.
Everyone has different ways that they learn.

The best is to keep a notepad next to your bed. As you wake up ... WRITE IT DOWN.
This will get you accustomed to remembering what happens while you are sleeping.
A bit of this and you will spontaneously lucid dream.
The first time is ....friggggin awesome!

I learned from being attacked by demons.
Hopefully you dont have that experience.

Any learning you do will make you a stronger person!

LPWhite

Postby LPWhite » 02 Oct 2017 15:28

Juckles wrote:If you want I can help you im allready myself making my own idealogy on lucid dreaming

Yes that would be amazing as I still feel as if I will get there any day now but beginning to have a mental block I feel!

LPWhite

Postby LPWhite » 02 Oct 2017 15:31

baccuss wrote:Sounds like you have already got a handle on a lot of things. Ask your dad how he does it.
Everyone has different ways that they learn.

The best is to keep a notepad next to your bed. As you wake up ... WRITE IT DOWN.
This will get you accustomed to remembering what happens while you are sleeping.
A bit of this and you will spontaneously lucid dream.
The first time is ....friggggin awesome!

I learned from being attacked by demons.
Hopefully you dont have that experience.

Any learning you do will make you a stronger person!

Thank you so much for this advice, I feel like any learning techniques or advice I can get right now is very helpful.

My dream journal has arrived and so far I have managed to record approx 6/7 vivid dreams and in doing so, has massively improved my dream recall and my awareness for being ‘concious’.

I am still learning whether than be via my books, YouTube, my dad, meditation... don’t get me wrong, it’s beginning to get frustrating that I am struggling but taking it in my stride as getting closer.

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”