Hello from Oslo :)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Marte

Hello from Oslo :)

Postby Marte » 12 Oct 2017 16:01

Hi,
My name is Marte, and I have been interested in lucid dreaming and dream yoga for about 6 months now. I am inspired by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Charlie Morley. I log on to this forum to use all means by keeping lucid dreaming (and living) in my mindstream. My goal is to do spiritual practice in my dreams - and to have fun!

Much Love,

LDer Charles

Re: Hello from Oslo :)

Postby LDer Charles » 13 Oct 2017 00:55

Hi Oslo! I think I saw a TED Talk by the first guy you mentioned about the Tibetan Viewpoint about dreaming and lucid dreaming the other day. I just joined this website a few days ago but I've been keeping a dream journal since 2012 and I've had some lucid dreams so I guess I realized that to progress to the next level I should try to participate and a group of people who are doing lucid dreaming

Marte

Postby Marte » 13 Oct 2017 08:47

Nice to hear from you! I'm also new to this forum. I think it is good to connect with others online, to share experiences and so forth. My main obstacle for the time being I guess is laziness before going to sleep. From tonight I will do my best to at least give myself 10 minutes with preparations.
When you say "progress to the next level". What exactly do you mean?

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 18 Oct 2017 16:28

Marte wrote:Nice to hear from you! I'm also new to this forum. I think it is good to connect with others online, to share experiences and so forth. My main obstacle for the time being I guess is laziness before going to sleep. From tonight I will do my best to at least give myself 10 minutes with preparations.
When you say "progress to the next level". What exactly do you mean?

Well the level I'm at currently is that I have some dream recall but I don't really have any Surefire way of becoming Lucid while I'm dreaming

It seems that the times that I do become Lucid are completely random and I have no idea what I did or didn't do that influence that result

So I'd like to at least be able to become Lucid consistently each night so that I can practice dream abilities and explore the dream room and stuff like that

I will say that since I've been participating I'm more online communities about lucid dreaming and reading more about it I've had a higher frequency of random lucid dreams but it can be a little frustrating and I would really like to be able to have them consistently so I'm just trying to keep focusing on it until everything sinks in

Two nights ago I had a very focused meditation before bed and reviewed my dream journals before bed and I went Lucid 3 times whereas last night I was on the phone until about 6 and I wasn't able to really meditate or read my review my dream journals as much and I didn't have any lucid dreams

So thank you if I want lucid dreams I have to be disciplined about my bedtime routine but I don't want to be too rigid

Have you had any lucid dreams yet? Also, what is dream yoga? I saw something about that is it just doing yoga poses in your dreams?

Marte

Postby Marte » 16 Nov 2017 17:45

Hello,

I'm a late responder, obviously.

I totally agree with you when it comes to rigidity. So easy I set myself goals, that I cannot live up to, no matter how easy they seem. Many nights since I was on this forum I have not done any preparations before going to bed, though I aspired too. But it is funny also; because this very morning I woke up, drowsy as usual, especially when not being lucid during the night (which doesn't happen that often). I did some purification breaths as I do every morning, which is also recommended doing before going to sleep. This can also be a part of enhancing lucidity, as one is kind of letting the heavy prana (or wind force) of the day out, and to be more balanced. This morning I though: Why do I not do it before sleep, as recommended? Maybe I will. Or not.. ;-)

Dream yoga is different methods to purify aspects of ones mind that keeps one unconscious, also in the waking state. I think it can involve yoga postures as well. I'm certantly a novice on the field and yet to explore so much more. This includes lucid dreaming as well. But I had quite a few lucid dreams, triggered by different things. Aspirations and communicating with others about lucidity and experience seems to be one trigger. I think to learn more consistently to have lucid dreams, it is most effectful to find a suitable teacher to guide one.

samipatel

Postby samipatel » 17 Nov 2017 20:57

Hi
I'm new user.

Regards
Sami Patel

Return to “Introduce Yourself”