*One hug waiting from...M-U-F-F-Y...Muffy's Hug received*

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
MuffinPetal

*One hug waiting from...M-U-F-F-Y...Muffy's Hug received*

Postby MuffinPetal » 24 Oct 2017 03:03

Hiya,
Highschooler from USA here and I've been interested in dreams from the first time I got a nightmare. I always used to have nightmares as a kid due to my childhood I suppose and the things around me, as I grew older they faded away and I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be chased by a monster again. My nightmares were replaced with funny or crazy dreams, some that are boring and rarely any that don't feature me.

About a year ago I came across lucid dreaming and the topic greatly interested me because I knew it could be done and knew I could do it. Regardless of my already good ability to recall my dreams when I awake, I started with a dream journal and quickly filled it up with multiple dreams a day. I had my first lucid dream about two months later and it made me excited to continue, I did so with new techniques and although I didn't have a lucid dream every day or night, I was still happy with the progress.

This lasted for a few months before I started school again, then I went back to focusing on schoolwork first and pretty much forgot to do reality checks or anything else. However I did keep checking Dream Views for their monthly and yearly tasks, I wrote them down and only until recently have I had more lucid dreams from my absence of trying for them. This month I had about three and although the month is not done yet, I'm not patient enough to wait and see if I get more before posting.

So I guess I was hoping to find a technique that will work for me before bed, no wake ups at night or anything. I often go to bed around 1-2am and wake up really early two days out of the week, I'd like to continue my lucid dream adventures but I'm a bit stumped about finding the right way to go about it in regards to my schedule.

I'm not asking for a personal guide, though I'm selfish enough to enjoy the thought, I'm really just asking for tips or advice that may help my situation. Thank you for reading and have a good night, or day depending on where you're located.

-Muffy
Also, forgive the long read, if it was long to you, that's usually how I am regardless of what device I may be on. I swear I'll take as long as I need to composing a proper message on a flip phone. :lol:

Juckles

Re: *One hug waiting from...M-U-F-F-Y...Muffy's Hug received*

Postby Juckles » 14 Nov 2017 21:51

I got you covered man first try to avoid caffeine it can shave 1 to 3 hours of rem sleep second dont forget reality checks (do them mindfully) third be more aware of your 5 main senses example if your eating a hamburger in your mind recognize that it taste, feels, looks and smells like a burger or when you step into your garage think about what floor your standing on what the garage looks like what the floor feels like on your feet or what the souls of the shoes your wearing feel like get to doing this naturally third reprogram your subconscious thats ok to let your conscience become lucid this the part where it can take some effort but if you correctly do this last one you will lucid dream every night so what you do is use binaural beats while laying down to get into a super relaxed state and say in your mind things like i will become lucid every night over and over and over sometimes thousands of times you can also then sit down in a chair and get a piece of paper and write down till the paper is full i will lucid dream every night with the binaural beats and do the the third part i told you mindfully hope this will help

MuffinPetal

Postby MuffinPetal » 14 Nov 2017 22:30

Juckles wrote:I got you covered man first try to avoid caffeine it can shave 1 to 3 hours of rem sleep second dont forget reality checks (do them mindfully) third be more aware of your 5 main senses example if your eating a hamburger in your mind recognize that it taste, feels, looks and smells like a burger or when you step into your garage think about what floor your standing on what the garage looks like what the floor feels like on your feet or what the souls of the shoes your wearing feel like get to doing this naturally third reprogram your subconscious thats ok to let your conscience become lucid this the part where it can take some effort but if you correctly do this last one you will lucid dream every night so what you do is use binaural beats while laying down to get into a super relaxed state and say in your mind things like i will become lucid every night over and over and over sometimes thousands of times you can also then sit down in a chair and get a piece of paper and write down till the paper is full i will lucid dream every night with the binaural beats and do the the third part i told you mindfully hope this will help

Hey, thank you for the reply and I'll check out the binaural beats! I did try to be more aware but I find it extremely hard to do. I think I'm looking for a change when I'm aware of things and when I don't get that change, I feel discouraged.

Juckles

Postby Juckles » 15 Nov 2017 17:44

dont worry it will get easy soon it will be like learning new things in algebra hard at first but once you have done it enough it will get easy even if it takes a long time

MuffinPetal

Postby MuffinPetal » 15 Nov 2017 20:05

Juckles wrote:dont worry it will get easy soon it will be like learning new things in algebra hard at first but once you have done it enough it will get easy even if it takes a long time

Thanks for the support, I was trying to stay on track and I had a lucid dream early in the morning. I'm betting that's probably from talking about it though, still thanks!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”