New Members Present You Here.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
HAGART

Re: New Members Present You Here.

Postby HAGART » 09 Apr 2013 19:51

It was a good idea to have one topic for people to introduce themselves all in one, convenient place, whether new here or not.

So hello all who are reading this,
My name is Michael, I am 33, in Canada. I've been a member on this site for over a year now. I don't remember my first lucid dream. I would get them sporadically from time to time over the years. Then for some reason, about a year and a half ago, I started to get more and more of them more frequently. I even started to encounter some sleep paralysis nightmares, or simple 'vibrations' and 'buzzing' and weird sensations like that. I didn't know what to make of it. (It turns out they are both connected and all it is, is your body going into muscle atonia (sleep paralysis) and it doesn't have to be scary when you are well informed and acquainted with it.)

Sharing my strange experiences helped a lot and it turned out it is very normal (at least with this crowd), to get all those strange sensations and knowledge is a wonderful thing. Without this site I would still be trying to figure out just what the hell was going on with me!

Ruane99 expressed some concern over sleep paralysis. It doesn't always happen for everybody, and although it happened to me and it was quite scary, it doesn't kill you. And whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger! In fact, being consciously aware during muscle atonia leads to some very vivid lucid dreams that last longer in my experience.

So anyway, the reason why I joined was to become more informed.
And I am still learning.......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

PsalterySoul

Postby PsalterySoul » 11 Apr 2013 06:13

I don't know much about lucid dreaming but I have been controlling my dreams and have spoken to and called on spirits in my dreams all of my life and more so recently,since I have accepted the knowledge that I am in fact seeing the future and speaking with spirits and not just crazy!From an early age I've felt compelled to remember my dreams and to learn to control them or to be in an almost awake state in them, so I have for the most part when I wish to.
Since I was young I have been had paranormal experiences and have had very lucid dreams,but I grew up in a staunchly christian home and was unable to share them and since my grandmother was clinically insane, there was so much pressure to never share my dreams or visions with anyone so it all became very normal for me and I just thought that everyone else had these experiences too.Because of this I built a psychic wall to block out any information from dreams or spirits and throughout the years I have learned to block things out or to receive information whenever I like.(usually that is) I recently separated myself with the majority of my family and of course their church(I am still a christian,but I don't go to their church anymore) It has been almost two years since our falling out and I realized quickly after I left that life behind that I am indeed a psychic and since then my lucid dreams have increased at an astonishing rate to almost every night or when I have the energy for lucid dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 06:50

PsalterySoul wrote:I don't know much about lucid dreaming but I have been controlling my dreams and have spoken to and called on spirits in my dreams all of my life and more so recently,since I have accepted the knowledge that I am in fact seeing the future and speaking with spirits and not just crazy!From an early age I've felt compelled to remember my dreams and to learn to control them or to be in an almost awake state in them, so I have for the most part when I wish to.
Since I was young I have been had paranormal experiences and have had very lucid dreams,but I grew up in a staunchly christian home and was unable to share them and since my grandmother was clinically insane, there was so much pressure to never share my dreams or visions with anyone so it all became very normal for me and I just thought that everyone else had these experiences too.Because of this I built a psychic wall to block out any information from dreams or spirits and throughout the years I have learned to block things out or to receive information whenever I like.(usually that is) I recently separated myself with the majority of my family and of course their church(I am still a christian,but I don't go to their church anymore) It has been almost two years since our falling out and I realized quickly after I left that life behind that I am indeed a psychic and since then my lucid dreams have increased at an astonishing rate to almost every night or when I have the energy for lucid dreaming.

Hi PsalterySoul, my own story is very similiar thou also different to yours eg Christian family (I actually had 2 Christain pastors in my family), psychic experiences including with spirits while growing up etc. I cant thou ever remember having a LD when a child
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

-Dreams-

Postby -Dreams- » 11 Apr 2013 12:39

Hi,

im really new to dreams and what they mean. So i started writing a dream diary to help me to remembermy dreams more. So far it's going very good, i write down more, every day :) Lucid dreaming is very new to me thou,i hope ill master it :)

cheetah

Postby cheetah » 11 Apr 2013 13:35

Hi to all of you and nice to be here,

after what i read on the website i guess i've been lucid dreaming in a small measure ever since the beginning, from time to time, mostly as a child. At that time, i used to rub my eyes with my fingers til i could see geometrical shapes (matrice) or kind of lightbolts which first helped me falling asleep. I often had a strange sensation into my hands, like they were carrying something real heavy and full of energy, this sensation happened during my dreams and could last a few moments after i awake. I'm also very used to awake, fall back to sleep and go back to the dream i had with more or less control feeling.

Now i'm paying more attention about the whole thing, i write down everything i can remember about my dreams and follow the exercices that arrive everyday into my mailbox.
I already noticed that most of the time, i awake right after the moment i get conscious i am dreaming.
Hope practicing will help me get those moments longer !

Read you soon.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 Apr 2013 13:36

Well hi, I'm Cole and I'm 19. I won't go too much into detail about my lucid dreaming history because there is a whole topic on it, but I lucid dreamed naturally as a child unaware of the concept of lucid dreaming. But they where just regular dreams to me at the time with no real value, so evetually I grew out of dreaming all together. I no longer remembered any dreams, except for maybe one regular one a month. And that one dream I did rarely remember was always very strange and made me think on it. Intill eventually somone explained lucid dreaming to me at 18, and I realized I had done it as a child! So dived into every aspect of lucid dreaming, and sure enough had my "first" lucid dream within days!:) now I lucid dream every night, and I am grateful for that! I love this community, it is a powerful place for us oneironaughts to share our experiences and grow together!!! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 11 Apr 2013 23:41

Hello, and welcome to new members.
mia
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Universal Soul

Postby Universal Soul » 22 Apr 2013 17:43

I am a 33 year old male from Oakland CA.....I have been having SP since I was around 6. i never talked about it because I thought I was weird. I just became more open to it seeing many people going through the same thing. I'm not scared of it because I know its all in my mind. I was on-line reading about inducing LD's and OBE's through SP. Last night was the first night I had a LD through a quick state of SP without the scary stuff. What I did differently this time in SP was not open my eyes when I felt the vibration, then the tingling and vibration got stronger. I kept my eyes closed and just went with the flow. Then I felt my body literally descending slowly and peacefully. I started to think about flying and I don't know why, but I just imagined Goku from dragon ball z, mind you, I don't even watch that show. Sure enough in the blink of an eye, I was flying around shooting fire balls and it felt so real, but i knew I was dreaming and was almost controlling every aspect of that dream. this is only my first time LD'ing. I feel like I have mastered some parts of it already....I am a very open minded person, I wonder if that has anything to do with how fast I am accepting this whole thing. To me all is possible. After maybe a couple of more months of learning about SP and LD's I want to take the next step and have an OBE through SP. Many say to have an OBE, you have to focus on your third eye chakra in the vibration stage of SP.

To all who have knowledge and experience in LDs I am glad you are helping us begginers. I truly appreciate your insight and inspiration. To the begginers like myself. It is so much for us to learn, but remember, Patience is truly a Virtue. We have a long road ahead and plenty of things to experience. Things some people believe is not possible. Stay true to yourself and believe in you, the rest will come. Its time to turn into a sponge and soak up all the knowledge I can................I wish all a peaceful day

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 22 Apr 2013 21:00

Universal Soul wrote:I am a 33 year old male from Oakland CA.....I have been having SP since I was around 6. i never talked about it because I thought I was weird. I just became more open to it seeing many people going through the same thing. I'm not scared of it because I know its all in my mind. I was on-line reading about inducing LD's and OBE's through SP. Last night was the first night I had a LD through a quick state of SP without the scary stuff. What I did differently this time in SP was not open my eyes when I felt the vibration, then the tingling and vibration got stronger. I kept my eyes closed and just went with the flow. Then I felt my body literally descending slowly and peacefully. I started to think about flying and I don't know why, but I just imagined Goku from dragon ball z, mind you, I don't even watch that show. Sure enough in the blink of an eye, I was flying around shooting fire balls and it felt so real, but i knew I was dreaming and was almost controlling every aspect of that dream. this is only my first time LD'ing. I feel like I have mastered some parts of it already....I am a very open minded person, I wonder if that has anything to do with how fast I am accepting this whole thing. To me all is possible. After maybe a couple of more months of learning about SP and LD's I want to take the next step and have an OBE through SP. Many say to have an OBE, you have to focus on your third eye chakra in the vibration stage of SP.

To all who have knowledge and experience in LDs I am glad you are helping us begginers. I truly appreciate your insight and inspiration. To the begginers like myself. It is so much for us to learn, but remember, Patience is truly a Virtue. We have a long road ahead and plenty of things to experience. Things some people believe is not possible. Stay true to yourself and believe in you, the rest will come. Its time to turn into a sponge and soak up all the knowledge I can................I wish all a peaceful day

I love your name, welcome to the forums! There is much knowledge to be learned :) always good to have a natural lucid dreamer around! I am one myself too as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 00:47

Welcome all the new ones here. Welcome Universal Soul.. I really liked your post :) . Congrats to on your LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Introduce Yourself”