New Members Present You Here.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
taniaaust1

Re: Hello there!

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jun 2013 04:16

hi all new arrivals. :D

DonGenaro wrote:Hello everybody, my name is Edmur, I'm from Brazil and I have 27 years old. I had my first lucid dream around 2 years ago, with one month of effort. I found a book "lucid dreaming in 30 days" actually worked! hahaha!
Since then I had around 8 or 9 lucid dreams... Only!
I feel that I always return to the beggining. I tried so hard with so little results that I don't know more what to do. Actually, I know, I need to improve my dream recall which is, in this moment, reeeaaaalllyyy poooorr (in one month, just 3 pages on my diary; everytime when I had lucid dreaming I was in better position with my dream recall).
I don't know what I could do to boost my dream recall. When I wake up, it's been really dificult to remember anything about my dream, sometimes I remember a little fragment, try to organize this in my mind before write. Well, when i pick up the pen, everything blur in my mind. Sometimes blur even before I pick up the pen!
If someone have some idea about to improve dream recall, please, let me know! \o

Good dreams for all! (and sorry about my english, isn't so good!)

I personally find (I know this isnt the same for everyone as some find it helpful) that laying in bed trying to remember more to a vague dream can have me even further more forget it at times... "sometimes" its best for me to just immediately start writing down what I remember as often I find that as Im writing, my dream recall comes in more and more.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KimG108

Re: New Members Present You Here.

Postby KimG108 » 02 Jul 2013 01:16

Hello, my name is Kim, 35yo from Massachusetts in the US.

I've always been someone who feels like I never remember my dreams. Lately, not only have a remembered them, but I have become aware that they are dreams while in them. Last night I was able to alter the dream, and then also to force myself awake as I feared that the smoke I smelled in my dream was actually happening in reality. (Which thankfully, it wasn't). But because I work up so forcefully, I remembered many details of my dream and wrote them down. This then just got me wondering about how common this is and whether my recent 'lucidity' stems from something. After reading all of this, I'm looking forward to trying so many of these tips and tricks to see how far I can take things!
Thanks!

mia

Postby mia » 02 Jul 2013 01:22

Welcome Kim!
Welcome to all new members. :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Joyous

Postby Joyous » 12 Jul 2013 16:41

Joyous here. I posted my bio in my first question. Thanks.

Any help in figuring this out would be great. I am about to venture around the site.

gvlego

Postby gvlego » 28 Aug 2013 22:51

Hello. I'm Gvlego. I'm 15 and a half and I discovered lucid dreaming through an already growing interest in dreams in general. I have yet to have a lucid dream (or at least that I remember) and have difficulty in remembering my dreams, even when I try to remember to the best of my ability. I'm not certain what causes this, but I think it could be through my Aspergers (a mild form of Autism) as an endless chain of cause and effect has made my mind function... weirdly. Firstly my mind builds a fake personality (this personality causes me to act dark and silent) to hide behind anytime someone I don't know is nearby. Secondly my mind comprehends everything differently. These cause a lot of problems with social life and I commonly work and play alone. I still don't even know everything that goes on in my head. So when the idea that I could become aware in a dream and learn more about myself while at the same time have people to talk to that could understand me entirely amazed me! However when I started to attempt to LD I realized that it would not only be difficult but that the parts of my brain that would normally help me in reality would be useless. I still haven't given up but I forget often due to other ambitions I have. But I want to make it a goal, this website is helping with that, and I want to try to ask other for help, a difficult thing to do with my aspergers, but I can promise anyone I will at least try.
Gvlego
P.S. If you read through all of that I thank you as in my opinion... what I wrote seems long-winded...
Lucid Dreams:0
Recorded Dreams:0
Vague Dreams:3-5
Déjà-Vu Dreams:30+

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 28 Aug 2013 22:57

Hiya,
I'm Madeleine/Maddie and I have become fascinated by Lucid Dreaming. I have had dreams in the past that I can still recall from 5 years ago, and some of them are really close to me. So when I heard I could make my dreams even more special by being fully aware I was dreaming, I become so interesting. I have still yet to Lucid dream, but I'm going to try tonight. So wish me luck!
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 29 Aug 2013 10:55

Of practising? Around 3 days, I'm yet to have full control over my dreams but I've been semi lucid before.

laurenichols

Postby laurenichols » 16 Sep 2013 10:34

Hi,

I'm Lauren. I am 25 years. I just discovered this forum when I was searching for some questions. I have been lucid dreaming on and off for..since I can remember, but for the last couple months every night. Its not something I have never tried to do it just happens.

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 23 Sep 2013 02:38

Hello,
My name is Graham and i have been lucid dreaming ever since i realized it was possible. I have been part of the site for 4 hours and i have read so many posts its like an addiction. This forum is amazing and i hope it becomes viral.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

aliyali-oh

Postby aliyali-oh » 23 Sep 2013 03:49

Hello, I'm Abbey, aged 18. For me it's been almost 2 years since I've always remembered my dreams vividly. Though back then when I was around 9 to 11 I have experienced this reoccurring dream that was so vivid, it was sort of a nightmare but then, somewhat I have taken a liking to it, probably that's why it kept on reoccurring. Though there are times that I put aside dreaming because of my studies, or rather not having the interest in dreaming. If I remember correctly, I did experienced having lucid dreams before. And as well experienced of jumping from one dream to another. Maximum of dreams that I had remembered and were recorded were 3 to 4 dreams. And as well experienced sleep paralysis for once. It scared the heck out of me. So from then on I was really astonished of having this vivid dreams and is still is, up until now. So from that 2 years span, I had a dream journal with me and have been researching about lucid dreaming. Though too bad it was stolen, cos I already had lots of entries on it. :cry:

For the time being, I've been practicing again myself to remember my dreams every night. I use my dream journal and the wake back to bed method, by telling my body to wake up early (cos alarm clocks won't do) to remember my dreams. I have used as well several times before the WILD technique during my power naps and during my sleeps when I feel exhausted, it's like I slept for hours but then realizing that I only slept for 5 minutes and have remembered my dream/s. Weird. But awesome.

Hope to get a long with you guys! :D
--
Sorry for posting so long and thanks for reading!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”