Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum For Beginners

One Of the Biggest Reason Newbies Fail to Lucid Dream !!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

One Of the Biggest Reason Newbies Fail to Lucid Dream !!

Postby LucidDreamNews » 17 Apr 2012 03:51

Hi Everyone,

I believe one of the biggest reasons some newbies fail to have their first lucid dream is that they give up too soon. It took 2 weeks of concentrated commitment before I had my first lucid dream. I find the pay-off extraordinary and horizon-expanding!

Does anyone else have an idea as to why some newbies fail to experience their first lucid dream?

Thanks
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com
LucidDreamNews

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: One Of the Biggest Reason Newbies Fail to Lucid Dream !!

Postby apps » 17 Apr 2012 07:26

I agree, you'll be disappointed if you're expecting a lucid dream on the first night. It's very easy to lose motivation because of frustration.

Personally I feel a big problem in getting people motivated enough to eventually achieve a lucid dream is successfully describing what its like to be lucid. It's definitely awesome reading about being lucid, which is obviously why so many people try. But to describe what it truly feels like is near impossible. As much as I thought I knew about lucidity, it still blew my mind away experiencing it.

Just keep in mind that no matter how much time and frustration you put into it, its definitely worth it.

Cheers and happy dreams guys
apps

Postby LucidDreamNews » 17 Apr 2012 16:52

I don’t know about you apps but I never really needed anyone to describe what its like to be lucid. I only needed to hear it was possible. I guess that’s because as a kid I experienced vivid dreams but I was unaware of what was possible.
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com
LucidDreamNews

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Apr 2012 03:47

Interesting, I was just thinking how you really need to patient with the whole process even after your first lucid dream. You have to take the approach that no matter how long this takes me, I willl do whatever it takes to succeed. You have to take a real long-term view of things. Maybe that's easier to do for us older people. I notice there are a lot of younger people on this forum. Sometimes it's harder to be patient for something that may take a year (speaking for myself) But it's also great because younger people hopefully have a long time to get the benefits of learning how to lucid dream.

As far as being able to describe having a lucid dream, it really has to be experienced. I would have worked a lot harder and got results sooner had I known how amazing it was. I do think that experiences vary though and not all people have the same level of realness and clarity to their dreams, lucid or otherwise. I have some theories about that, but they are still undeveloped so pretty much speculation.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus
lucidinthe sky

Postby LucidDreamNews » 18 Apr 2012 18:49

For me, lucid dreaming takes a lot of focus, attention and psychic energy. I don't expect myself to have that focus, attention and psychic energy every night of the week. I do expect myself to remember at least one or two dreams each morning. I try not to get so preoccupied with achieving lucidity, that I forget the marvel of the dreaming process. I hope this attitude will provide me with a lifetime of lucid dreams. Time will tell.
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com
LucidDreamNews

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Apr 2012 04:39

LucidDreamNews wrote:For me, lucid dreaming takes a lot of focus, attention and psychic energy. I don't expect myself to have that focus, attention and psychic energy every night of the week.

This is exactly why I don't have more lucid dreams. After I have one, I take a break but then start working more and more until I have another which takes quite a bit of focus and attention. Fortunately they are very satisfying and last me a while. I think I might not appreciate them as much if they were more common.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus
lucidinthe sky

Postby apps » 19 Apr 2012 08:02

LucidDreamNews wrote:I don’t know about you apps but I never really needed anyone to describe what its like to be lucid. I only needed to hear it was possible. I guess that’s because as a kid I experienced vivid dreams but I was unaware of what was possible.

I'm sure its true some people only need to hear that its possible.
I guess what I'm saying is that, as awesome as lucid dreaming sounds, if everyone could 'feel' what its like to lucid dream, or just experience one, it would be far more motivating to become good at it and achieve more.

I believe that the majority of people lose interest after trying for so long while only expecting an experience that they've read about.
apps

Postby LucidDreamNews » 19 Apr 2012 20:10

lucidinthesky, I know what you mean when you say a lucid dream experience “lasts me a while”. I sometimes bask in the after-glow of a life like lucid dream for weeks, sometimes months.

apps, I hear you. There is no substitute for experience!
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com
LucidDreamNews

Postby Crime0013 » 25 Apr 2012 05:40

Indeed, lack of patience. That's my problem lol.
Crime0013

Postby James » 01 May 2012 22:52

2 months hard dedication, 3 months going easyish...

None

Fml
Was it worth it?
James

Next

Return to For Beginners