controlling my dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
inception03

controlling my dreams

Postby inception03 » 09 Feb 2018 17:25

Hi there,
I first heard about lucid dreaming about a year ago, and started trying to have one myself. Since than I have experienced a couple of them, but never really made any progress. Every time I succeed in realizing that I'm dreaming, I either wake up or am unable to control them. Only once I made a door appear, which let to an empty room where I summoned a butterfly but that was pretty much it. I also tried rubbing my hands together to stabilize the dream but I got distracted by what was happening in the dream and couldn't do anything. I also haven't been trying to have one very consistently but when I do, I usually succeed after a couple days.
So my question is, how do I actually control my dreams once I'm lucid? Hopefully someone can help me with this!
p.s. I hope my English isn't too bad, I'm pretty young and English isn't my first language. :D

LDer Charles

Re: controlling my dreams

Postby LDer Charles » 14 Feb 2018 23:04

Thanks for making this thread! It sounds like you are making a lot of progress already which is great. Probably the number one thing is that control will just come from experiencing the lucid dream state and reflecting on what you've experienced. For me it has come with time and practice.

I probably can't sum it all up here because control involves a lot of different techniques or control of different aspects of the dream. For example, controlling (or influencing) people, places, things, situations. etc. Controlling (or influencing) each aspect of the dream seems to have different things about hows it done.

So I would just recommend reading about "dream control" which there is a lot of writing about on this web site as well as others. Also if you don't want to just read, a lot of people on You Tube have made videos about "dream control" if you type in "lucid dream control" or something like that.

Then there is also "stabilization" which has to do with making the dream last longer before you wake up. In lucid dreaming "language" stabilization is kind of a different term than dream control even though you might consider controlling the duration a type of control.

So if you look up "dream control" and "dream stabilization" and just take your time, things will start to click. I have read a lot of the material about control and stabilization but the real challenge for me is actually remembering it when in the lucid dream state. Even when I realize I am dreaming within a dream, I am sometimes not "all there" and I just try to do the best I can, make the most of it, and very importantly in my view, remember it as well as I can upon awakening.

I wish you many lucid dreams so you can have lots of chances to practice it!

Return to “For Beginners”