Lucid dream or just dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kawaiimere

Lucid dream or just dream?

Postby Kawaiimere » 15 May 2011 16:00

I checked in a dream if I was actually dreaming, and was surprised it actually worked. My mind told me I was dreaming. But from there, it still felt like the dream was running itself! None of the things I tried to do worked, but I wasnt putting in the commands. This has happened to me twice. Is it actually my first lucid dream and I don't know it, or it just another dream?

Dreamsphere

Re: Lucid dream or just dream?

Postby Dreamsphere » 15 May 2011 18:15

I believe we define lucid dreaming as knowing we are dreaming, not necessarily having full control just yet. How vivid was the dream? From what I have heard, lucid dreams are vivid.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

William

Postby William » 15 May 2011 18:56

Engineering student,
You're already on one of the best sites for learning. Also go to wikihow/how to lucid dream. The biggest thing you need to do first is get a note book or some type of recorder. No matter how mundane the dream seems, WRITE IT DOWN! My wife has tried for years just to remember hers, once she began keeping a journal, she not only remembers them but they are getting more vivid.
Expandurmind.com
William
At 5 or 6 years old, I began having very vivid dreams. They were very colorful filling all my senses and usually had an intense plot. Years later I became an avid lucid dreamer and worked my way to OBE's. Visit me @ http://expandurmind.com/

William

Postby William » 15 May 2011 19:01

It may take a few tries but take small steps. Begin by just taking in your surrounds, even if this means standing there. As you get used to lucid dreaming and exploring, making changes will become easier.
William
At 5 or 6 years old, I began having very vivid dreams. They were very colorful filling all my senses and usually had an intense plot. Years later I became an avid lucid dreamer and worked my way to OBE's. Visit me @ http://expandurmind.com/

Return to “For Beginners”