What are some good ways to stabilize dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GodFoster

What are some good ways to stabilize dreams

Postby GodFoster » 15 Feb 2012 21:59

I was wondering if anyone could tell be some dream stabilization techniques that they use. And if there are any ways to make your dream clearer.

torakrubik

Re: What are some good ways to stabilize dreams

Postby torakrubik » 16 Feb 2012 00:28

spinning in an LD is a great technique, as is rubbing your hands together. To make a dream clearer simply will it that way. Shout something like, "clarity, now!" and expect it to happen.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Feb 2012 00:49

According to Stephen LaBerge, tactile sensation is one of the longest lasting things in the dream and is the best for stabilization. Anything like touching objects, rubbibg hands together, spinning, etc. is the best. He says the visual stuff is the first to go so that's one of the clues that stabilization is needed.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Feb 2012 03:41

lucidinthe sky wrote:According to Stephen LaBerge, tactile sensation is one of the longest lasting things in the dream and is the best for stabilization. Anything like touching objects, rubbibg hands together, spinning, etc. is the best. He says the visual stuff is the first to go so that's one of the clues that stabilization is needed.

I will not only agree with this statement, but also tell you that from personal experience it's true.

I do one of those three things actually. Also, don't wait to feel the starting sensations of waking up... do them every minute or two. By the time you feel the sensations of beginning to wake up, it's usually too late. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”