Hello - Dream Worlds

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MysteryChalice

Hello - Dream Worlds

Postby MysteryChalice » 27 Feb 2012 22:08

Hi,

I am new here and am pleased to have joined this forum.

Dreams have always been a significant part of my life, and through my life the nature and pattern of my dreams has evolved. Without going into too much detail of my entire dream history (a very long history), in the past five years my dreams at first set me in what I call "the courtyard" or "the mystic dreamscape." It was a garden of sorts with trees, ponds, statues, monuments, etc. Overall, it gave me a mystical feeling. It was a place I loved, and in each dream I could feel myself getting closer and closer to the center of this place.

Now, more recently this central area seems to have transformed into a kind of alternate universe of my own home town where I was born and still live today. In other words, it looks just like the general area I live in my every-day life, but with elements of "the courtyard." When I'm there, this place in my mind is in fact real, and the more I dream of it, I am actually beginning to map it out in a way, knowing where things are, returning to the same places. It is becoming its own world.

I am very much into the work of Rudolf Steiner, and he often spoke about the astral body leaving when asleep, and that people are living a sleep-life in a completely different world, of which one can become more and more conscious. I believe something along these lines is occurring in my own experience.

I hope meet new people and to share with others and perhaps find that people are having similar experiences of a familiar world, and the connection of lucid dreams and the astral plane. When it comes to lucid dreaming itself, I have had some success. For the most part, I have had conscious control of myself but very few elements of the actual dream. Also, I keep a dream journal and able to recall quite a bit.

~MysteryChalice
Angels singing in the distance,
I can not discern the words,
So I must fly
Beyond the walls of glass.

Sarah

Re: Hello - Dream Worlds

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 00:54

Hi and welcome! ^^ I hope you learn a lot from this website and blog, and meet new friends too! :D
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Freddie Heinz

Postby Freddie Heinz » 04 Mar 2012 02:59

Hi there ^^

I am also new to Lucid dreaming as well....except my problem is that I CAN'T EVEN DO IT! T.T oh well with time I'll figure something out but I am intrigued about this courtyard world that is developing for you which is great! It reminds me of an old Alice in wonderland scene with the old griffin singing about beautiful soup. Just remember this whenever you dive into this developing world. "it does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live " Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter movie 1. I thought it was interesting because I have always wanted to escape and now I kind of can! With Lucid dreaming if I get there. Hope everything works out well for you!

Freddie,

P.S. tell me if I'm crazy, but I wanted to use this technique to enter the world of an anime that I love watching what do u think?

MysteryChalice

Postby MysteryChalice » 06 Mar 2012 02:17

The "Harry Potter" quote is very valuable. Balance is always needed, especially when it comes to dreams and living. In fact, both work together quite well. You mentioned wanting to escape, but perhaps consider it as grounding yourself in the life you know, becoming a life that is more and more real.

I grew up with the movie "The Neverending Story" and later the original novel by Michael Ende. It is something I've always been close to, and relates to much of this conversation. Without going too much into the story itself, it's basic theme is a balancing of worlds, of dreams and real life, matter and spirit. You can lose yourself in either one, but you can also live in both at the same time and become truly free.

When it comes to the anime, or any kind of story or show you want to enter within your dreams, that could definitely be beneficial as a lucid dream training tool. There are many lucid dreaming techniques to explore, but when it comes to the anime specifically, these are my suggestions, to keep in mind along with a technique of your choosing that you find useful or are most comfortable with:

Think about it. That may sound simple, but really think. Think about the way you think about it. Think about the content of the anime, why you watch it, who animates it, who writes it, the animation style, everything. Realize that it is all contained within you already and you within it, within all the emotions of others that went into it and the ones you put into it, and make them one. For five minutes before sleeping each night, I suggest thinking about only this.

And if you can go beyond that, consider the creation of your own world, something that is deeply contained within you as an individual. I believe everyone has this within them, and that all are connected.

~MysteryChalice
Angels singing in the distance,
I can not discern the words,
So I must fly
Beyond the walls of glass.

Celisa

Postby Celisa » 09 Nov 2014 16:40

Hey! Wow it's great to find out some one else has a map in their dreams. Have you tried drawing it so you could see where you were after you wake up? I drew mine out in 1985 but it has almost everywhere I've lived. Even schools I went to. I'll be so curious to read if drawing it helps you be more lucid.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”