Can't reach Hypnagogic state

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sgt. Griff

Can't reach Hypnagogic state

Postby Sgt. Griff » 03 Mar 2012 08:57

Hey, just a question regarding WILD:

After meditation (sometimes spanning an hour at most) the hypnagogia never comes, so far it has just been black stuff and no recognizable shapes. Any tips?

Thanks.

Snaggle

Re: Can't reach Hypnagogic state

Postby Snaggle » 03 Mar 2012 15:01

What form of meditation are you doing Sgt. Griff? You need to be relaxed and alert and should not be thinking as ones goal is to slow your brain until theta brain waves start at which time one starts to dream or get hypnagogic images. Ideally you would just be concentrating to produce theta. You should likely just try a mantra, it does not need to be anything TMish a simple word like "love" or a phrase like "I love my: wife; girlfriend; mother; cat; dog or what not will work".
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 03 Mar 2012 20:21

Try imagining things with your mind!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 05 Mar 2012 22:54

No we're talking about this,is there any tip for not falling asleep?
Because I always do the same: Go to bed,try to only see my thoughts,nothing happens,fall asleep :oops:

Littlelucid

Postby Littlelucid » 09 Mar 2012 06:17

Sir_Serix wrote:No we're talking about this,is there any tip for not falling asleep?
Because I always do the same: Go to bed,try to only see my thoughts,nothing happens,fall asleep :oops:

I have the same problem!!! I still haven't figured out how to stay away either. I think maybe.. Trying to think of a location you want to dream of.. I read that if you count down from 100 like. 100 I'm dreaming, 99 im dreaming and so on. I tried it and it help a tad. It keeps your mind working. I have to thank this site. :D

kingtroll

Postby kingtroll » 09 Mar 2012 14:18

I have the same problem. The counting backwards sounds like a good idea, I am going to try that. I fall asleep really fast to the guided track as well. I have only made it to the part about looking at the clouds a few times. I usually do not even make it to the garden, so I have been trying to WILD instead.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Mar 2012 08:44

blink your eyes from time to time. If you are counting back from 100 and go to sleep at the same place, say 75 then each 10 count blink you eyes or open them a little bit and that will wake you just a little. Experiment to see what works for you
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

AHM

Postby AHM » 11 Mar 2012 23:03

Sir_Serix wrote:No we're talking about this,is there any tip for not falling asleep?

Have you tried going to bed an hour or two earlier? That way you're less tired and will fall asleep slower.

thomas

Postby thomas » 12 Mar 2012 03:31

Hello - I agree with Snaggle. Thinking definitely keeps the hypno images from appearing. I have also found that wanting them to appear (thinking again) keeps them away. Just try to relax and go with the flow.
I find that they appear much more quickly using the WBTB method. The downside to this is that you may fall asleep much easier.

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 20:00

If you know what hypnagogia is (if you've caught it "in action" in the past), try asking your subc. mind to bring you hypnagogia, then relax and quiet your mind to allow the sensation to take place by itself (it can't be forced, only invited).
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “For Beginners”