Most Dream Recall Happens Near 'Sleep Time' Does it for you?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HAGART

Most Dream Recall Happens Near 'Sleep Time' Does it for you?

Postby HAGART » 04 Mar 2012 03:38

Has this ever happened to you? (It doesn't with anyone else in my family or friends...)

But when I am tired and it is time to sleep, I start to remember past dreams. They all start to come flooding back into my memory. Just the main parts or summary of them; I never wrote them down in detail. (I only started a dream journal in September.) BUT I'll remember one dream and it will stimulate the memory of another dream and so on. Like they are all connected in the same part of my memory banks so to speak, and when I am close to sleep, they are unleashed.

It's like I have been living a double life and I have a memory of reality and a memory of dreams and they are both equal and different. But I start to recall many dreams before sleep and I wonder if others experience the same?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Freddie Heinz

Re: Most Dream Recall Happens Near 'Sleep Time' Does it for

Postby Freddie Heinz » 04 Mar 2012 03:43

Hmm I understand what you're saying but I do something simular except with all of my memories but mostly I think of new and random images before the Hygogia stage which I'm curious have you reached the Hygogia stage yet? If so please please, explain how if u did because I suck at this T.T

Freddie

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Mar 2012 03:55

The dream recall I speak of happens while I am awake, watching t.v. or whatever, about an hour before I go to bed.

But the only hypnagogic imagery (or however it is spelled) that I experienced was in between lucid dreams, when I am almost awake, but not quite. I would love to be able to have a true Wake Induced Lucid Dream, but I am not there yet. I always fall asleep! SO I suck at Hypnagogic state too! (HOWEVER IT IS SPELLED!)

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Mar 2012 07:14

Just like memories my dreams will come back at odd times. Quite often I will write up some notes and get say 3 to 5 dreams down from the later part of the night (early morning) and make a note that there is more and they may come back later. At some time during the day the memory will get triggered by some event and the dreams will come flooding back.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Mar 2012 16:23

Peter wrote:dreams will come flooding back.

That's the key word: 'flooding'. They come back in a torrent don't they?
Remembering one dream stimulates the memory of another and another and so on like a domino effect.

At least that is my case and I presume it is the same for most of us.

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Mar 2012 19:37

Thats how it happens, something triggers the memeory and out they come and it suprising how much detail. Sometimes I will search for the memory when I wake up and the dream is lost and quite often they will appear during this time but I am not sure why as I can recall but just seach in some way that I cant define
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2012 04:59

All too often I will start my day and do my routine and suddenly, something triggers, and I remember my dreams of the previous night. Like it was something I did yesterday. Dream recall is second nature to me.

Apparently dream recall is the first step to lucid dreaming, but I have been doing that for my whole life!

I don't think I am alone. For me... dreams are like a second life...... I remember them the way I do with real life.........

Return to “For Beginners”