Is this normal after your first LD?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kingtroll

Is this normal after your first LD?

Postby kingtroll » 09 Mar 2012 14:10

Two nights ago was my first LD, only about 20 seconds. I have been trying for over a month. Was so excited all day yesterday, could not wait to go to sleep and try again. I thought after I had gotten past the mental block of it not happening it would be easier. Last night, I did not remember even one dream! I slept really good, but I usually remember at least one dream. I feel like a drug addict needing another fix. Any ideas of why I didn't remember any dreams? I probably should reread Rebecca's course. Suggestions would be appreciated.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Is this normal after your first LD?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Mar 2012 02:59

kingtroll wrote:Two nights ago was my first LD, only about 20 seconds. I have been trying for over a month. Was so excited all day yesterday, could not wait to go to sleep and try again. I thought after I had gotten past the mental block of it not happening it would be easier. Last night, I did not remember even one dream! I slept really good, but I usually remember at least one dream. I feel like a drug addict needing another fix. Any ideas of why I didn't remember any dreams? I probably should reread Rebecca's course. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Everything here sounds completely normal and typical for most people including me. I thought it would be easier after the first LD, but it has only gotten a little easier after 25 or so lucid dreams. I still think the first one is the biggest barrier though. After being unable for almost 2 years, I put a tremendous amount of energy into getting the first LD, so I couldn't wait to slack off somewhat. But after 2 more, there was a long drought of almost a month mainly because of less effort. As soon as I started working at it again, they came back. Everyone goes through periods where they lose some recall, there are a lot of reasons for it, but it should come back.

It definitely is like a drug for me too, can't wait for the next fix! I am so amazed with how real lucid dreams are, just can't get over it. It's still hard to not get too excited when I get lucid, but my lucid dreams have also started to get longer than a minute or 2. My last one was 5 minutes of swimming in a swimming pool, that was the most amazing one yet. Keep at it, more will come. Every night is another opportunity!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

kingtroll

Postby kingtroll » 10 Mar 2012 03:38

Thanks for the reply, good to know I am not alone.

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2012 04:22

its all normal with what i call dream storms of LD and great recall to dry spots for a while. Congrats and keep at it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

kingtroll

Postby kingtroll » 11 Mar 2012 04:39

Thanks for the reply Peter. The folks on this board are really helpful.

Return to “For Beginners”