What is this?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
zebrafriek1

What is this?

Postby zebrafriek1 » 12 Mar 2012 22:38

Almost everytime I dream the same thing happens to me, my sight goes away from my body and my consciousness goes out of my body so its like I am watching myself in the dreams. Two examples of this are that I was on a ski lift in my dream then all of a sudden I was watching myself go up the ski lift in my dream. In another dream I was walking into this room with a bunch of movie equipment and then I went from my body and saw the room from a different vantage point and saw myself walking into the room.Does this happen to anybody else, and is there a name for it?

RosenVitae

Re: What is this?

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 13:15

I don't experience this myself, but I reckon it's a natural experience (perhaps a dream sign for you to trigger doing reality checks?). I'm thinking there could even be a message behind it happening ("feeling beside yourself" or something similar).

I think I saw someone here talk about it, but it could also have been on OBE rather than dreams.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “For Beginners”