Is it possible to lucid dream without having a dream journal

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
thomasdchua

Is it possible to lucid dream without having a dream journal

Postby thomasdchua » 17 Mar 2012 12:17

Can I lucid dream without having a dream journal. Specifically WILD. can I do it before going to sleep? :) thank you :D

Axalto

Re: Is it possible to lucid dream without having a dream jou

Postby Axalto » 17 Mar 2012 12:36

You can but it's hard. And even if you have a lucid dream you will probably have trouble remembering without a journal.
Also from what I've heard its also very hard to do WILD just before sleep, read the page about it on the site.
But don't take my word for it, I'm just a newbie. :P
"Once you fix something, they'll forever reagard you as Computer Genious. If it reaches this point you're pretty much screwed." -The Oatmeal

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 17 Mar 2012 13:34

thomasdchua wrote:Can I lucid dream without having a dream journal. Specifically WILD. can I do it before going to sleep? :) thank you :D

1. Certainly, I've never kept one. A journal will help you mainly with DILDs and to incubate dreams. Failure is in real life the vehicle of growth/experience not success at doing something. Keeping one would help one think about what one is doing, what one wants to do or try, so is a good idea.

2. Most certainly and if you do WILD you'll remember your dreams as much as anything you've experienced in real life. No one taught me to LD and I used the direct WILD training myself, because that's the sort of LD I experienced spontaneously. Whatever sort of lucid dream you try you have the huge advantage of being able to talk to lucid dreamers about them. No one was talking about them when i was experiencing them and training myself to do them. I was going what the hell just happened, I entered dreams with unbroken consciousness.

3. Doing Wilds I never have had any instability problems, though when having spontaneous DILDs I've sometimes woken up as soon as I became lucid.

4. Forget completely trying to experience SP, forget your body altogether and let it go to sleep.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Mar 2012 20:50

I agree with Snaggle, I am self taught from experiance and keep a journal for the fun of it but with mainly WILD there is not lack of recall unless the dreams are so long I just forget some parts.

Dont get hung up on detail like SP and HI etc, it is not a linear process with one step leading to the other but and outcome decided but your own skill and relationship with your own mind and body
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Mar 2012 22:54

I have lucid dreamed before many times, but I will never know when because I never had a dream journal.

I only started one for fun. I like to read it from time to time and the words don't matter. The words are only there to spark the memory of the actual event. (Yes, it is actual even though not real. Movies are the same....)

Lately I have found keeping a dream journal too tiresome and just write a few key words on paper after I awaken. I tried reading them recently and after 2 weeks of notes I have no idea what I was talking about!

In my experience, yes, you can lucid dream without a dream journal, but for me, for some reason, keeping a detailed dream journal helps.

And it is fun in the long run, even if it feels like work at the time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”