Sleep paralysis

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Navedlaw

Sleep paralysis

Postby Navedlaw » 19 Mar 2012 15:01

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to enter lucid dreaming for the first time, so I tried entering sleep paralysis. That afternoon I played a hockey match, so my musclse were tired, which (I think) made the process go faster.

So I went to bed, laid down my arms next to my body, closed my eyes, and started listening to my body. After 1 or 2 minutes I felt my arms and legs shaking, sending messages to my brain, but I ignored them. Soon after that I stopped feeling my limbs, and I thought I made it.

Then suddenly I started hearing a very loud buzzing sound, (something like the tripod from War of the Worlds makes). It creeped me out, as it kept on getting louder and louder. After a couple of seconds I wanted to stop, but I couldnt move my arms or legs. Fortunate for me I could still move my fingers, and soon after that the feeling in my arms returned, and the sound stopped.

That freaked me out, so after that I lied down on my side, and went to sleep like any other night. But now I'm wondering, is this the way to achieve lucid dreaming? All I had was a terrifying experience.

Etienne

Re: Sleep paralysis

Postby Etienne » 19 Mar 2012 15:57

That just sounds exiting to me...personally I do not have any technique it just happens that sometime during a dream i seem to realize that ...hey this is just too farfetched to be real…and voila I’m Conscious in a dream ....if i were you I would welcome that Tripod and see how loud it can really get!!

Navedlaw

Postby Navedlaw » 19 Mar 2012 18:50

Well. At the moment I wasnt thinking about that, but I'm a daredevil so probably I can't resist the fever to do it again. Awake I've done everything from parachute jumping to being chased by police dogs (in protective suit, ofc), and thats not exciting enough for me, but somehow this terrifies me haha.

ingestiblebulk

Postby ingestiblebulk » 20 Mar 2012 03:18

well, if you're into the fear, i'd say go for gusto. the whole sleep paralysis/hypnagogic hallucinations thing is actually the only reason i'm worried about lucid dreaming at all.

Return to “For Beginners”