Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Delarose

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Delarose » 09 Nov 2017 17:18

TotallyLegit wrote:I was lucid I'm a dream, but the finger threw hand reality check didn't work. Any ideas why my finger couldn't go threw my pan?

I did experience that. Try to be more focused and aware while you do reality checks and mix 3 of them together. I usually count my fingers, jump to see if I can float and try to remeber what I did before. Focus while you do them and try to be more present in the moment. Hope it helps.

Delarose

Postby Delarose » 09 Nov 2017 17:22

Nico wrote:At first I'm 13 years old. I've found that lucid dreaming is very interesting. I only like WILD method for LD. But I have some problems. At first, I don't like waking up at 5 am because my alarm clock sounds a lot and sometimes it wakes my parents or sometimes I don't remember I have to wake up at this time to induce an LD and I sleep normally. It's also scary for me having a WILD at 5 am because of the sleep paralysis, so I normally try WILDs while taking a nap. My dad also finds this very interesting and he sometimes sleep in my room so I don't freak out. Ok, normally when I try WILD I watch the LD subliminal video (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/videos/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html) , then I go to my bedroom, turn on my ipod to listen to binaural beats for LDs and try to relax. The neariest experience I had to LD (I think so) is that after seeing those figures (hypnagogic) I started to see flashes, but as I was taking a nap and binaural beats stopped, I stopped focusing because of the noise that my brother was making and I "woke up". Was Iclose to LD? The last thing is that I also try WILD at 10pm. Could that work?

PD: Sorry for my English, and I tried to explain as far as I could

(My copied post)

It’s easier at the beginning with DILD. Do 10-15 reality checks a day and be mindful. Those daily habits will soon show also in your dream state. And read books about lucid dreaming. Start with La Berge. Have fun!

chubes619

Postby chubes619 » 20 Nov 2017 17:20

i tried for my first time last night using the wake to bed method and everything seemed like it was goin well. i got myself into sleep paralysis and was fully aware of it and of my intentions but i couldn't cross the gap from random hallucinations to an actual dream. i felt like i was getting close but i started hearing my dad who's been in the hospital for awhile from the hallway so i jolted out of bed and ended up just going back to sleep afterwards. basically what i'm asking is how do i get from the sleep paralysis stage to an actual lucid dream. thanks for any tips.

Noppe

Postby Noppe » 25 Nov 2017 22:55

Hey there. I don't think this would classify as a lucid dream, that's why I didn't want to start a thread about it. It just seemed this is the best place to ask.
I experienced something weird this morning. I woke up, but because I could tell it's quite early, I tried going back to sleep. Now, I've been dreaming tonight, and the dream was right before I woke up. So, when I failed to go back to sleep, I just started thinking about the dream. It started feeling like a proper dream again, though I could control bits of it, most of it was pretty autonomous. The thing is, while the 'dream' just picked up from where it finished when I woke up, I knew I didn't fall back asleep. I was fully aware of my surroundings and could move or open my eyes whenever I wanted to. So how did this 'dream' feel like a proper dream, even though I wasn't sleeping? Anyone could please comment on that?
Also sorry for repeating the word 'dream' a lot lol

ENZ

Postby ENZ » 07 Dec 2017 01:52

I sleep 11 to 12 hours due to medication. I'm relatively healthy thanks to that. Should I buy a sleep mask to see what my REM cycles are?

Return to “For Beginners”