Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bgmacklem

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby bgmacklem » 18 Jul 2012 18:24

Sander wrote: i wasn't in sleeping position at the time, i was just sitting upright in my bed. Is it possible to go into a LD that way?

Can you give me any tips about meditating through the buzzing? It's hard to ignore it and keep your focus :-/

You don't need o be in sleeping position, no. Sleep paralysis will keep you upright as you dream. As far as buzzing goes, just practice. It's not easy.
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 Jul 2012 19:15

I tried the same thing yesterday. This time the buzzing also started, but it wasn't as intense as the last time.. again i failed to go into hypnagogic state or enter a LD.. :(

i started reading Stephen Laberges book, maybe that'll show me some new insights and tips on how to do it :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 21 Jul 2012 01:48

The buzzing was actually equally intense. However, because it is generated by your mind, it doesn't take long for your mind to adapt to it. It will seem quieter each time you make an attempt. It will be nearly nonexistent after your first success.

One last note, if the buzzing suddenly goes from consistent to fluctuating, wake yourself up. In my experience, this typically precedes an extremely disorienting "kick"; it forces you out of whatever dream-state you are currently in, and pop you back into reality. :o
-Brendan Macklem

Sander

Postby Sander » 21 Jul 2012 10:32

ok thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

I forgot to say this, but at some point, i felt my head drop like i was falling asleep. Could that be because i was actually just dozing off or because i was getting closer to go into a lucid dream?
Free Your Mind.

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 21 Jul 2012 14:12

Both. Your body was dozing off, your mind was approaching lucid dream.
-Brendan Macklem

Sander

Postby Sander » 21 Jul 2012 23:41

ok, i'm starting to remember my dreams more now and i think i found something that could be a personal dreamsign:

people randomly appear and dissappear in my dreams. last night, i dreamt that i was in a total strangers' house and suddenly my dad was in the room. The night before i dreamt that i was at a random beach with my fiancée and suddenly i spotted my mother. In another dream i had that night, i came home after to work, to find my parents and an older woman i don't know in my dad's workshop. Apparently she needed her file sharpened for some reason... so one way or another, my dad was doing that and i just watched as the sparks flew around. Then suddenly another younger woman i don't know is in the workshop and she's also watching.

so yeah.. people just randomly pop up everywhere...

I believe you can imagine that this is a rather problematic dreamsign if i want to practice reality checks during the day...

Thoughts about this..?
Free Your Mind.

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 22 Jul 2012 02:43

Whenever pondering "am I dreaming?", keep an eye on somebody, and see if they disappear. Seems like a very useful dream sign to me, actually. Very easy to integrate into your reality-check routine.
-Brendan Macklem

44johnc44

Postby 44johnc44 » 22 Jul 2012 05:22

Hey i just found this site, and i was wondering about how i dont remember my dreams. Is there any other way to remember without doing the journal. I still am going to do it, but i was just wondering if there was.

Sander

Postby Sander » 22 Jul 2012 09:53

bgmacklem wrote:Whenever pondering "am I dreaming?", keep an eye on somebody, and see if they disappear. Seems like a very useful dream sign to me, actually. Very easy to integrate into your reality-check routine.

thanks, i'll try to incorporate that into my RC's :) when i'm alone, i could look around, see if nobody is there, look away and then look back again and see if someone appeared.
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 22 Jul 2012 17:00

i think i had somewhat of a breakthrough last night.

i dreamt that i was in a warzone, fully engaged in combat. i threw a grenade over a little wall and ran for it. Seeing a tank of the enemy and realizing i had no weapons left, i hid behind tank wreck, bullets flying everywhere. Through a crack, i see an enemy foot soldier coming my way. Realizing i'm defenceless i just say: "whatever, shoot me, mofo...". So he does and i feel the bullets but i feel a strange pain sensation, not really pain, but a numbness. I always get that feeling when i die in my dreams. Also, when i die in a dream, i tend to wake up. But this time, in the proces of dying in my dream and waking up IRL, i realized that i was dreaming. I don't think this counts as a lucid dream as i think i was more awake then asleep when i realized it.

Something weird happened to me though: while awake with my eyes closed, i saw spheres rapidly appearing, growing and dissapearing again. Kinda like rain drops falling into a pond.

I was rather flabberghasted by this sensation so i forgot about my dream. I think this was a missed opportunity to try and become lucid. Maybe if i tried to remember my dream and remembering the point where i die and think of another way the story ends, i may have had a good chance of becoming lucid.

Thoughts?
Free Your Mind.

Return to “For Beginners”