Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jamjam

Dream Recall

Postby jamjam » 27 Jul 2012 18:28

If you have a dream journal eventually your subconscious will catch on and you'll remember your dreams more frequently.
Make sure you get enough sleep because the more you sleep the more REM time you'll have.
The more REM time you get the more dreams you'll have. (and the longer you sleep the NREM stages become shorter and REM stages become longer!)
The more dreams you have the more chances of becoming lucid.
Besides, even if you aren't lucud you'll get more dreams in your journal.
Lucid dreaming isn't about control it's about awareness in a dream!
Wait... am I allowed to answer this?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 27 Jul 2012 20:09

why wouldn't you be..? :-/
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jul 2012 20:49

I thought only the original poster was supposed to answer or something like that...

jamjam

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jul 2012 20:50

Bleekman117 wrote:I wanted to open up a topic for all of you frustrated beginners out there. Many people have the same problems and questions, but they are spread over many topics so you people that have the same questions may not be able to find the answers that are already there. This topic is to help any and all beginners; I will answer all questions as best as I can, so without further a due, shoot!

jamjam

Sander

Postby Sander » 28 Jul 2012 09:15

so far, only bgmacklem has been answerring my questions. Bleekman117 hasn't shown himself since i got here =D
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 29 Jul 2012 09:40

i remembered a dream again today ^^ i'm pretty bummed though. 2 times i thought "hey, this is weird", but never thought about the possibility of being in a dream :(

tips on how to train your mind to realize this? i do reality checks quite often during daytime. One dreamsign i know of, is that people randomly appear in my dreams. This happened in my latest dream, yet i couldn't realize this.
Free Your Mind.

reynaldi

Re: Relizing dreams

Postby reynaldi » 29 Jul 2012 10:04

Sander wrote:i remembered a dream again today ^^ i'm pretty bummed though. 2 times i thought "hey, this is weird", but never thought about the possibility of being in a dream :(

tips on how to train your mind to realize this? i do reality checks quite often during daytime. One dreamsign i know of, is that people randomly appear in my dreams. This happened in my latest dream, yet i couldn't realize this.

hey sander!
i experienced that too!
i made a thread about it, in my dreams, instead of saying "hey this is weird" i said "i think this is a dream"
but i never realized that I AM DREAMING!. it's really hard to tell. it's like i never think my thoughts.
sorry for my english..

Sander

Postby Sander » 31 Jul 2012 19:11

3 vivid dreams last night, all with some pretty weird stuff going on.. still no lucidity :(
Free Your Mind.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 02:43

Hello. i have a couple of questions. so. the first step for a beginner is to have a dream book right? perfect! ive been recording my dreams ever since i was oh, about eight, maybe younger, just because it was fun and interesting. I am currently 14. but the thing is, despite this, i do not remember a dream every night. i only remember a couple a week.

Also, the first two nights i discovered this website, i dreamt. i didn't remember the dreams, but i know i dreamed. i felt it. you know? and when i woke up i was like to myself, "i had a lucid dream." but in the dream, it was all a blur. i mean, i think i may have become lucid in the dream, but i am not sure. this has happened for three nights and is frustrating. i do not know if i am lucid dreaming or not. in the dream i think that i know i am dreaming, but being awake, i am just not sure and everything is so blurry and unsure. can you please help me? is this what it is supposed to feel like in the beginning? is this was you felt? The person who created this website said that her first lucid dream was clear and she really knew that she was lucid dreaming. she said that she ran around in excitement. I just don't know and am very confused.

thank you.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 03:49

Also, i have had dreams where i realized that i was awake, but just continued on to dream normally. Example: i was at camp talking to someone and then i realized i was dreaming. i said to her, "wait, this is a dream. look. i only brought my small suitcase with only two things in it." and thats it.

Another question; sometimes i have a dream where i am not aware of when i am dreaming, but i still try to control it. like once i had a dream where i got mail on my bed at camp. the entire dream i was going to open it but things kept popping up that prevented me from doing it. i never ended up opening my mail. i was not consious, this is just what happened in my dream. i was trying the entire time to open my mail. what is this?

sorry for the many questions. once again, thank you.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “For Beginners”