Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dreamer1488

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Dreamer1488 » 04 May 2013 20:22

Btw guys, do i have to lay on my back like a corpse when i want to do WILD?
I don't sleep like that..

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 07 May 2013 15:17

Dreamer1488 wrote:Btw guys, do i have to lay on my back like a corpse when i want to do WILD?

Not necessarily. How would that help? :lol:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 07 May 2013 15:24

I fell in love with a dream character, for real...Hmm. How does that happen? (It was Game Of Thrones based, I was Arya :P ) When I woke up in the morning I repeatedly slipped back into that dream, willingly non-lucid-ish, trying to find the guy (he was captured.) I still haven't :/ . Never knew that you could have feelings for something "imaginary" XD. Is my subconscious trying to tell me something, if so, what? And why?
Today I also had another dream character fall in love with me, but I was nonlucid.
I've been feeling very loved lately now :D .

Sander

Postby Sander » 07 May 2013 16:50

i just finished reading an eye opening text by Thomas Yuschak: Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements.

An elaborate explanation of possible lucid dream triggers and their mechanics, the effects they induce in the brain chemistry, dosage suggestions, possible side effects and how to avoid them, etc. A scientific analysis that's still easy to read and teaches you how to subtlely play with your brain chemistry and enhance your chances of becoming lucid.

I've been trying for almost a year now and have had rare successes... (i admit that i haven't always been comitting as much as i should have, but still, lucid dreaming has been on my mind every single day since i learned of its existence, so that alone should have given me some lucid dreams... But no, i remain mainly unsuccesful.). I'm starting to think that my brain chemistry isn't optimal for lucid dreaming (i'm not an easy sleeper...)

I'm thinking about amping up my chances by trying the supplements this guy suggests in his text.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 07 May 2013 17:01

I've had the same problem, but ever since I've been getting insomnia, I've gotten more dreams, lucid and non-lucid (mostly willing). This is probably because of the sleeping pills I use. I'm not exactly advising you to take them but if you do have sleep problems, you may be able to take advantage of that. I really don't know more about the whole chemical brain thingy.

lp0611

Postby lp0611 » 08 May 2013 14:26

I am a beginner lucid dreamer and was using binoural beats to slip into a lucid dream but haven't been successful yet. Do I have to keep my eyes open until my muscles and entire body is relaxed and then close them, or just keep them closed the entire time?

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 09 May 2013 18:42

Just let them close by themselves I guess

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2013 05:09

Dreamer1488 wrote:Btw guys, do i have to lay on my back like a corpse when i want to do WILD?

For myself laying on my back to go to sleep or WILD really helps. The reason it helps as it ISNT my normal sleeping position at all, so it "breaks" the usual pattern of just going to sleep non lucid. It's very rare for me to LD except on my back. If you are in the pattern/habit of sleeping a certain way to fall into a non lucid state, if you lay in the same positon as normal you will have to try to break that pattern. The easiest way to break the pattern is to change the position you are going to sleep in.

On my back is now my bodies cue for "I want to lucid dream".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2013 05:11

lp0611 wrote:I am a beginner lucid dreamer and was using binoural beats to slip into a lucid dream but haven't been successful yet. Do I have to keep my eyes open until my muscles and entire body is relaxed and then close them, or just keep them closed the entire time?

Best to have your eyes closed if you want to lucid dream or the normal surroundings distract one from falling asleep or dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2013 05:15

Sander wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote: Sander, if the just observing and expecting isnt working for you.. have you tried to move yourself towards the hypnagogia images at that point?

can you elaborate?

Imagine moving towards the images. There are energetic ways to do it but if you cant feel energy or your astral body just imagine moving towards them. By doing that you may be able to put yourself into one and whatever dream world it opens up to you.

Return to “For Beginners”