Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
KungFuPanther

Re: Please help me.

Postby KungFuPanther » 14 Jul 2014 00:05

o
Last edited by KungFuPanther on 17 Jul 2014 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

MentalePower

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby MentalePower » 17 Jul 2014 21:44

This night i had this dream, where i was walking in a shop with beds. I ended the room at a water bed where i saw my fathers head on the pillow. I recognised this as a dream sign, since my father is dead.

I realized i was dreaming, "I am dreaming!, im dreaming!", i thought. Then i sayd to myself: "Stay in the dream, dont wake up, dont wake up".

The dream blackened out, and nothing happened.. kept sleeping briefly and after a short while i woke up.

I recognised a dream sign, realized i was dreaming, and kept fairly calm. Why did nothing happen, something i missed?

Thanks

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Jul 2014 22:15

MentalePower wrote:This night i had this dream, where i was walking in a shop with beds. I ended the room at a water bed where i saw my fathers head on the pillow. I recognised this as a dream sign, since my father is dead.

I realized i was dreaming, "I am dreaming!, im dreaming!", i thought. Then i sayd to myself: "Stay in the dream, dont wake up, dont wake up".

The dream blackened out, and nothing happened.. kept sleeping briefly and after a short while i woke up.

I recognised a dream sign, realized i was dreaming, and kept fairly calm. Why did nothing happen, something i missed?

Thanks

I could understand this if you are a beginner, because this happens frequently in your first couple of lucid dreams.

What you need to do is learn to "stabilize the dream". It isn't enough, at least when a beginner to stabilize the dream through pure willpower. Different things work for different people, but I find a very consistent method to do this is to repeat reality checks and spin. However, it really does depend on the person and you will need to do some experimentation. Another thing that may help is looking at your feet and walking, or touching your arms whilst looking at them. Good luck, and happy dreaming!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

MentalePower

Postby MentalePower » 17 Jul 2014 22:33

Jackson wrote:I could understand this if you are a beginner, because this happens frequently in your first couple of lucid dreams.

What you need to do is learn to "stabilize the dream". It isn't enough, at least when a beginner to stabilize the dream through pure willpower. Different things work for different people, but I find a very consistent method to do this is to repeat reality checks and spin. However, it really does depend on the person and you will need to do some experimentation. Another thing that may help is looking at your feet and walking, or touching your arms whilst looking at them. Good luck, and happy dreaming!

First of all, thanks for the quick reply!

Second, the moment i started realizing i was dreaming, the dream already blackened out and there was no dream basicly left, to do any reality check.

I was having some expectation that (perhaps false or wrong), from what i have read, that all is to become very vivid and clear.
Instead there was no dream anymore, confusing to say the least.

Witch makes me wonder, am i on the edge of becoming lucid dreaming?

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Jul 2014 22:53

MentalePower wrote:
Jackson wrote:I could understand this if you are a beginner, because this happens frequently in your first couple of lucid dreams.

First of all, thanks for the quick reply!

Second, the moment i started realizing i was dreaming, the dream already blackened out and there was no dream basicly left, to do any reality check.

I was having some expectation that (perhaps false or wrong), from what i have read, that all is to become very vivid and clear.
Instead there was no dream anymore, confusing to say the least.

Witch makes me wonder, am i on the edge of becoming lucid dreaming?

If you realized you were dreaming then that most certainly was a lucid dream :)

But I am afraid I will need you to explain the final moments and what happened after with as much detail as possible because I am not sure I understand clearly enough. But from what I understand, what you should do the next you notice this is latch onto that detail on focus on that detail of your father's head, ( or whatever makes you lucid) and speak to yourself saying things like "Wow, it is so real" "That hair colour is so accurate" and "I could probably walk up to there and count every hair on his head!" What I am trying to say here is just find one detail in the dream and focus on it is as best as you can, because focus helps a lot.

Colorado

Postby Colorado » 20 Jul 2014 04:49

I've been dedicated to getting this lucid dreaming down for about 3 weeks now, and I need a little advice.
My main problem is meditation. I meditate daily but I'm not sure what the best technique for meditation is. I meditate two different ways: 1. On my back in a resting position, perform total relaxation, look for hypnagogic imagery (which I always fail at doing so), and just experience "being" in my head. 2. Sit in a lotus position with my back straight and focus on my breathing and clearing my mind and relaxation. What is the best way to meditate for someone who has intentions of lucid dreaming? Also I've tried brainwave entrainment (and I love it) but I'm not sure what brainwave tracks I should be listening to.
So basically how should I meditate, when, how often, and what brainwave tracks should I use accordingly with my meditation?

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 24 Jul 2014 00:51

Colorado wrote:I've been dedicated to getting this lucid dreaming down for about 3 weeks now, and I need a little advice.
My main problem is meditation. I meditate daily but I'm not sure what the best technique for meditation is. I meditate two different ways: 1. On my back in a resting position, perform total relaxation, look for hypnagogic imagery (which I always fail at doing so), and just experience "being" in my head. 2. Sit in a lotus position with my back straight and focus on my breathing and clearing my mind and relaxation. What is the best way to meditate for someone who has intentions of lucid dreaming? Also I've tried brainwave entrainment (and I love it) but I'm not sure what brainwave tracks I should be listening to.
So basically how should I meditate, when, how often, and what brainwave tracks should I use accordingly with my meditation?

As to your first question, I would suggest doing the lotus position and clearing your mind in the morning. It actually doesn't have to be the lotus position, and indeed if that is uncomfortable for you don't do it. Just sit so that you are not slouching and being lazy, because that way it will be easy to fall asleep. And then when you go to bed, do the hypnagogic imagery meditation.

To address your last question, I recommend listening to this MP3 file

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=41978#p41978

It is not only a brainwave track but also has subliminal messages for you to lucid dream. It includes biurnal beats and I think isochronic tones. Listen to that while going to sleep and meditating, and once in the middle of the day. An effective method you can implememnt here for a dream goal is to visualize with as much clarity as you can what you would like to do in a lucid dream. Sometimes, I can do this so vividly while falling asleep, I go directly into an LD!

Finally, for your early morning meditation, I really don't think it matters, just anything that can calm you down will be fine. Happy dreaming!

Necrox

Postby Necrox » 27 Jul 2014 05:52

What time should I meditate at? How long should should I meditate for?

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 27 Jul 2014 17:55

Necrox wrote:What time should I meditate at? How long should should I meditate for?

Just read the reply before yours.

[ Post made via FlyingMonkey ] Image

DeSTReS

Postby DeSTReS » 10 Aug 2014 15:09

Hello!
Does being on the computer throughout most of the day effect your lucid dreaming ability? For instance I do reality checks whilst I'm using it but does this hinder the ability to lucid dream at all? I did try looking around on the internet for the answer to this but I couldn't really find one?

Return to “For Beginners”